🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only Posting Leads for others.

Keeping My private Leads under My Pillow :P

coalfire

Dec 16, 2006
East Coast
Edgewood Park sat in the present location of the Shamokin Area Football Stadium and around that area. It had several rides and most notably a small lake. The lake was a big feature with boats. At the time of the Park, (for a while) it had trolley service going to it. The Lake/pond was filled in at a later time.
From what little I have been told, and some of the photos (both regular and panoramic).
~Z~

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, just saw this pic you posted. House still exists and land surrounding it. Played "fumble" (a football game) on the grounds there when I was a kid growing up. Originally owned by a rich gentleman named Kulp ( who was a bigshot affiliated with Edgewood Park) hence the name given to the town of Kulpmont. Now owned by a good friend of mine...............Rich

Attachments

• Edgwood Park.jpg
    Edgwood Park.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,186

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool...........As a matter of fact, he took me on a tour of the house. Breathtaking :), amazing :) Those houses where made to last. Has original furnishings inside. Exterrior needs work though, but what house doesn't...........Rich

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zeawolf said:
Edgewood Park sat in the present location of the Shamokin Area Football Stadium and around that area. It had several rides and most notably a small lake. The lake was a big feature with boats. At the time of the Park, (for a while) it had trolley service going to it. The Lake/pond was filled in at a later time.
From what little I have been told, and some of the photos (both regular and panoramic).
~Z~

Hey Z................just to add to the story a little if I may.

I lived approx. 4 to 5 city blocks from Edgewood Park. I grew up fishing at Edgewood Lake, went swimming at Edgewood swimming pool, and visited Edgewood park on many occassions. I was out there almost everyday until they demolished Edgewood Park, pool, & lake in the early 60's. I was approximately 14 then but remember it sharply. NO remains of the lake, swimming pool, or park are visible to anyone............except to those who grew up there.

I have detected some outlying edges (woods)of the park, lake, pool with some very limited success................a few barber dimes, indianhead cents, wheat cents, and some silver, but the finds are scarce and scattered.......Rich

PS: The area is now a housing developement called Edgewood Gardens, but just think of all the silver thats buried under those houses and roads...........Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread