What's new

EDIT

Eddie Lomax

Full Member
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
169
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Machines- Metal Detecting, Privy Digging, Arrowheads, Prospecting, Catfishing, Harley Riding
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
Re: 1938 class ring

Wow I Never knew about Duratone

Congrats on the Ring

Owner would be about 88

& being a woman had a name change at least once.

would be a very tuff one to trace.
 
Re: 1938 class ring

Yep, very tough but at least if you gave it a shot you could say "I tried." :thumbsup:
 
Re: 1938 class ring

I once reunited a 1928 womans class ring with it's owner. She was in an old age home and it was a very gratifying experience.
Chris
 
Re: 1938 class ring

Cool find...how bout a pic....

Keep safe...

Keith
 
Re: 1938 class ring

Can't find anything on the duratone metal composition but
sounds like quite a find.
 
Re: 1938 class ring

awesome job on finding the class ring. Do you have a picture of it?
 
Re: 1938 class ring

Duratone is a mixture of silver and gold that brought the price of class rings down to make them affordable to everyone. I dont know what the exact mixture is .......but it's a lot of base metal..then the silver and gold mix.
 
Re: 1938 class ring ***UPDATE WITH PIC***

I agree. I would try to find the children if she had any. Heck I would donate it to the school as a historical piece for the students. But like most things, finders keepers. Enjoy the ring. ;D
 
Re: 1938 class ring ***UPDATE WITH PIC***

Very nice post and you did a great job! Congrats on the ring and HH, Mike
 
Re: 1938 class ring ***UPDATE WITH PIC***

Josten is still around and making rings. Google them. they could probably tell you what you want to know.
Anyway, NICE RING :thumbsup:
 
Re: 1938 class ring ***UPDATE WITH PIC***

super ring and a great effort to find the owner. you did the right thing.need more people in the world like you and other people at t-net. this is what makes it so great site. :thumbsup:
 
Re: 1938 class ring ***UPDATE WITH PIC***

Nice find on both parts!
Great to see you found her sister! I'm sure she's grateful but probably doesn't know what else to do...

And as for the comment "probably doesn't remember she had a sister" well that's rude in my opinion.
My Father is 84 years old and remembers more than I do!..

I'm glad you did the research great work
I wish everyone was as dedicated as you
My hats off
J2
 
Re: 1938 class ring ***UPDATE WITH PIC***

Its great to know people are able to locate owners, instead of just seeing it as more money in their pocket. That's why so many people hate us, they think we look for things only to make money. I actually collect my stuff and want to show it off at an expo or museum one day.
 
Re: 1938 class ring ***UPDATE WITH PIC***

just-geese said:
At 85 she may not have remembered she had a sister ::) . Nice try, enjoy the ring
J-G

Too Funny, cold, but funny
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom