Eight rings and two pendants in twelve foot stretch of beach!!

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Hi everyone, Two days ago my dad and I decided it was time for our first spring hunt.I live in maine and most everything is still frozen so the beach is the place for a tune up.We drove about 50 min. to the coast and had a good time,not a really great yield of coins but fun all the same as we've both been chomping at the bit for a few months now.My dad got a few clad coins and a couple mem. pennies. I got two mems. four wheats a clad dime a musket ball and the best find of the day a 1927 merc! My first time out and I snagged a nice piece of silver and drew first blood, the one up on my buds.
Today we decided we should go back to the same area as the other day and do a different stretch of beach.We got there and my first hit on the beach was a wheat penny,thats always a good sign although it was barely identifiable.A few minutes later my dad shouts silver! It was an 1898 barber dime,well worn but still a barber ;D!I was going around to the other side of the cove picking up a newer coin here and there and my dad shouts silver again! A 1953 rosie this one was in better shape but alot newer.I said you son of gun now you got the one up on me,but I was really smiling inside cause it tickles me to know he's so happy.
The tide was coming in now and we were working our way back toward the car getting ready to leave when my dad said "see that little stretch of beach over there,didn't we always cut across and go right by it?" I agreed and we decide we should try it as it was only a small section.My dad got ahead of me a little and stayed down closer to the water as I went up the center and within a few swings I got a good hit I dug it up,I yelled silver ring! I walked over and showed it to him.I walked back,rechecked the hole and around it and about a foot and a half away got another hit it was another ring again I yelled.This kept happening and in total I picked up eight rings and two pendants,all were silver and some had gold plated stars.
We headed back to the car puzzling our puzzlers as to the reason behind this and could only come up with some sort of witchcraft.I told my dad if we make it home from here with no major incidents then I'll have to assume that they're not cursed and he just gave me a funny look out of the corner of his eye.
So,any Ideas? They all have pentagrams on them and they were all (except the pendants) in a straight line at around a forty five deg. angle across the beach and within a foot and a half from each other.The two pendants were about a foot to the right of the rest and the highest up on the beach.All were in about five inches.I did set a new personal record for rings in one day and it's also a record with my buds so I'm happy!
Well, I hope you've enjoyed my short novel and any info you have would be appreciated!! Thanks Bootstrap

Attachments

• MVC-541S.JPG
    MVC-541S.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,681
  • MVC-539S.JPG
    MVC-539S.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,680
  • MVC-540S.JPG
    MVC-540S.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,679
  • MVC-542S.JPG
    MVC-542S.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,674
  • MVC-543S.JPG
    MVC-543S.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,661
  • MVC-544S.JPG
    MVC-544S.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,665
  • MVC-545S.JPG
    MVC-545S.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,647
  • MVC-546S.JPG
    MVC-546S.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,647
Upvote 0
Thanks for all your replies guys and girls,I love seeing the fairer sex getting involved in this hobby if more of them did then I wouldn't just be the creepy guy out in the woods or on the beach swingin that geiger counter thingy,LOL Hey Jeff, there is definitly something else there,It was about two feet ahead toward the water and it obviously fairly large because I dug down at least 1-1/2 feet and still didn't get it as the tide was coming in and the water and sand kept filling the hole back in,but I'll be going back.If you read this post from here and want to reply please feel free,I will read it but I won't reply out of fairness to all the other newer posts but do know that your interest has been appreciated.If someone happens to have a definite answer for me please p.m. me. thanks again
Bootstrap

Very nice finds Vinn, and a good story with them, some days a fella just gets lucky, 8 rings in one day is what I call lucky, WTG

Good luck when ya go back for more

Eddy

Re: Bootstrap vinn's

""It was about two feet ahead toward the water and it obviously fairly large because I dug down at least 1-1/2 feet and still didn't get it as the tide was coming in and the water and sand kept filling the hole back in,but I'll be going back.""

I have found that a 14" (diameter) piece of PVC, assists nicely (about 12" high). place in abouve the target and push down as you remove sand and as the wave comes in. It's a little more work, and it's best to have a buddy to hold your md (less it's H2O proof).

Another star with 6 points is a unicursal hexagram:

The unicursal hexagram is a hexagram or six sided and six pointed star that is unique in that it can be traced or drawn as one complete symbol, rather than two overlaid triangles. This is significant as the triangles are often used to represent opposites such as fire and water or male and female. The unifying of the symbol into one represents the union of opposites.

The unicursal hexagram is so-called because it can be drawn unicursally - that is, in one continuous movement

(funny how the spell check doesn't like "unicursal")

Maine is close to Massachusetts....Maybe there was a witch burning on the beach during the Salem trials. Hey everyone lets have a Witch Burning Beach Party. LOL

NJ

txkickergirl said:
history lesson?

[size=8pt]The pentagram is a five pointed star commonly associated with Wicca, Ritual magick, Satanism, and Masonry.

I have this mental image of a flock of buck naked Masons with flowers in their hair and Oxford wingtip shoes running and frolicking in the moonlit surf that I just can't shake out of my mind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back