Elderly Wash. woman holds intruder at gunpoint until police arrive

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An elderly woman grabbed her gun and held an intruder at bay until police arrived and arrested him, authorities said.

KXLY reports that the grandmother of 10 fired a warning shot and was holding the man at gunpoint in her living room when police arrived at her Spokane home.

“I told him I was armed. He kept coming, so I started backing up,” the homeowner told KREM.com.

The suspect, Sean Denny, 35, tried to run away and fought with officers who subdued him with the help of a police dog.

Denny also is suspected of breaking windows earlier at a nearby business.

Authorities told KXLY the homeowner's actions were appropriate and they presented her with a Spokane Junior Police Badge in recognition of her efforts.

Denny was arrested on suspicion of burglary and resisting arrest. He is being held in Spokane County Jail with bail set at $25,000, according to the KREM.com report.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Can't wait to see how the anti-gun lobby will portray this heroic deed!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I commend her and am glad she is okay. What could have happened to her if she didn't have the guts and means to defend herself.Its a sad world were living in when you can't defend yourself in your own home.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Can't wait to see how the anti-gun lobby will portray this heroic deed!

Probably would want her arrested and her guns taken away, accusing her of being "mentally unstable" because her gun wasn't locked to prevent HER from using it.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think Chadeaux hit it on the head! They might even try to label her a "preper" as she was prepared to handle an intruder...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread