What's new

Electrical fuses?

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey everyone. can anyone I.D. this. I don't think it is all that old. But it would neat to know what it is.
 

Attachments

  • 115_0729.webp
    115_0729.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 643
  • 115_0727.webp
    115_0727.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 866
I dont think they are fuses .I did a search on the letters .Some sort of conducter ????
 
Upvote 0
1/0 is a large wire size. AL-CU means the electrical part is good for Aluminum and Copper wire.
ACSR stands for Aluminum Conductor Steel Reinforced cable/wire. This type cable wire is used to supply overhead electric to homes, I believe.
I wish we could see a side view, they look very familiar.
 
Upvote 0
maybe they go in the meter on the side of the house ?
 
Upvote 0
I believe what they are is half of a wire conector good for Cu, Al, and ALSR wire up to 1/0 size. It would connect two wires together. I think half is missing.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • connector wire split bolt.webp
    connector wire split bolt.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,808
Upvote 0
By George, I think you've got it! Monty
 
Upvote 0
waltripcrew said:
your right I to think they are part of a splice called a curney? They come is a large asortment of sizes.
YEP!!! Tony
 
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
OK. I give. What's a Curney?

Daryl

Hey Daryl,
I believe it is the phonetic spelling for the trade name of a splitbolt. Kearney is a company that made split bolts. They are part of the Cooper Power systems now. There is a little history on the company about half way down the page on this link.
http://www.cooperpower.com/aboutus/history.asp

Here is a page that has a picture of a split bolt and the name Kearney in the description.
http://www.newknoxvillesupply.com/Split_Bolts.php
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom