What's new

Electrolysis tank,version 1

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,193
Reaction score
15,843
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
14 gal plastic tote for container. Lawn mower blade for positive probe. Borax washing soda for conductivity: 1 cup to 10 gal water. PVC pipe to dangle iron pcs from vis heavy iron fence wire. My first 2 pcs are in this photo: the breast strap guide has been soaked in white vinegar, the trip wheel is “raw”. I set charger on 12v. 15 amp manual. Checked charger clamps with multimeter: pos to neg was 0.283 VDC. Checked pos lead to water surface: was 0.112 VDC.
 

Attachments

  • 974D3A5D-ECF3-4DB4-BE76-EC3C2A1CBE32.webp
    974D3A5D-ECF3-4DB4-BE76-EC3C2A1CBE32.webp
    1 MB · Views: 101
14 gal plastic tote for container. Lawn mower blade for positive probe. Borax washing soda for conductivity: 1 cup to 10 gal water. PVC pipe to dangle iron pcs from vis heavy iron fence wire. My first 2 pcs are in this photo: the breast strap guide has been soaked in white vinegar, the trip wheel is “raw”. I set charger on 12v. 15 amp manual. Checked charger clamps with multimeter: pos to neg was 0.283 VDC. Checked pos lead to water surface: was 0.112 VDC.
Up date: it is actually 12V 15 amp auto. After 1 hour cycle time both readings are 0.118 VDC. Sounds like it is stabilizing and working
 
I thought you had to be licensed to do that kind of thing.
 
I’m not sure it’s working. The water is calm and cold. No gases being produced. I added a 2nd positive probe in series. After another hour, can’t sense any activity.
 
I’m not sure it’s working. The water is calm and cold. No gases being produced. I added a 2nd positive probe in series. After another hour, can’t sense any activity.
Now I hear that some newer chargers are “too smart” and won’t allow me to use them in this manner. Any good advice?
 
newer charger won't work , my old charger causes bubbles along the anode within a minute . the wire connection must be tight as well ,just dangling wont work as well.
 
Should be seeing bubbles.....
 
Make sure your positive clip (annode) is on your sacrificial metal(lawn mower blade) and the clip is not in the water.....and make sure your negative clip (cathode) is on your artifact. You may have to wire brush off the area being clipped on to for a better connection.
 
Now I hear that some newer chargers are “too smart” and won’t allow me to use them in this manner. Any good advice?
With a smart charger wire a battery to your tank and use the charger to maintain the battery.
 
Make sure your positive clip (annode) is on your sacrificial metal(lawn mower blade) and the clip is not in the water.....and make sure your negative clip (cathode) is on your artifact. You may have to wire brush off the area being clipped on to for a better connection.
I ran the wire wheel on the connection points for everything so I’d have good continuity.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom