What's new

electrolysis

grafter

Full Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2009
Messages
174
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
yelm wa.
Detector(s) used
xlt
i found this horse shoe last summer and thought you might like to see some before and after pictures.i hung this shoe in a 5 gal. bucket of water and used a battery charger on it.took about 36 hr. and a wire brush. enjoy
 

Attachments

  • horse shoe 002.webp
    horse shoe 002.webp
    49.4 KB · Views: 639
  • horse shoe 005.webp
    horse shoe 005.webp
    53.7 KB · Views: 628
  • md stuff 002.webp
    md stuff 002.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 603
  • md stuff 009.webp
    md stuff 009.webp
    80.2 KB · Views: 595
  • horse shoe 003.webp
    horse shoe 003.webp
    51.8 KB · Views: 604
Try a large pinch of citric acid. It'll cut your time down dramatically! I use it to clean antique tools. Most times it works excellent without electrolysis. Hope that helps!
 
thanks for the tip boogeyman.i used baking soda in the water and i guess i forgot to mention that.next time ill try a little citric acid. maybe it will work better!
 
boogeyman said:
Try a large pinch of citric acid. It'll cut your time down dramatically! I use it to clean antique tools. Most times it works excellent without electrolysis. Hope that helps!


What do you mean bro? I am very new to all this but have alot of horse shoes I would like to clean. Can you tell me how to do it?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom