What's new

Electrolysis

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
2,280
Reaction score
2,110
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can someone post a site where I can find out how to build an electrolysis system?
 
Go to YouTube and search on "electrolysis". There is a ton of videos on the subject. Googling the same word will produce multiple sites. A simple battery charger, plastic tub, and washing soda will have you up and running in no time. Just remember - the negative power lead goes to the relic, the positive to the "sacrificial" metal.
 
Bruce - if you PM your email address to me I'll be glad to send you a Word document with detailed instructions on how I perform electrolysis on iron artifacts.
 
Thanks guys, my glass beader is too destructive sometimes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom