johnnyblaze
Silver Member
- Joined
- Dec 20, 2010
- Messages
- 3,214
- Reaction score
- 1,770
- Golden Thread
- 2
- Location
- Rhode Island
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 2
- Detector(s) used
- T2 SPECIAL EDITION
- Primary Interest:
- Other
CRUSADER said:http://www.cadetdirect.com/order1.php?pg=1989
Duke of Wellington looks a good match(Collar Badge, it is
) - I'm now wondering if they maybe later, maybe WWI
![]()
Iron Patch said:CRUSADER said:CRUSADER said:http://www.dwr.org.uk/dwr.php?id=108
'The Elephant became the Collar Badge of the Regiment, following the merger of the 33rd and 76th Regiments. ' When was this?
Found it - 1881 (so post this date)
So in summary:
Post 1881 Duke of Wellingtons (West Riding, Yorkshire, UK) Collar Dog (Badge).
You beat me by seconds. My book shows 33rd buttons worn until about 1881. Then it goes on to the 76th.
Kenosha Kid said:Iron Patch said:CRUSADER said:CRUSADER said:http://www.dwr.org.uk/dwr.php?id=108
'The Elephant became the Collar Badge of the Regiment, following the merger of the 33rd and 76th Regiments. ' When was this?
Found it - 1881 (so post this date)
So in summary:
Post 1881 Duke of Wellingtons (West Riding, Yorkshire, UK) Collar Dog (Badge).
You beat me by seconds. My book shows 33rd buttons worn until about 1881. Then it goes on to the 76th.
http://www.dwr.org.uk/dwr.php?id=108
or it could be one from the mentioned Alliances and Affiliations? The photo (in my post above) references the badge still being worn in WW I...
johnnyblaze said:Wow you guys are good..
So when do you think this is dated from?
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=10108&cat=alljohnnyblaze said:I found it right next to a graveyard with alot of veteran headstones..Not in the graveyard i dont do that.
I really did not find anything else in the area...
Thanks again
John
CRUSADER said:http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=10108&cat=alljohnnyblaze said:I found it right next to a graveyard with alot of veteran headstones..Not in the graveyard i dont do that.
I really did not find anything else in the area...
Thanks again
John
above is the capbadge version missing its 76th below, but the construction & general looks seems earlier than yours, so I'll stick with post 1881![]()