PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skimmer...

I don't quite know what to make of your apology... I appreciate the gesture but find it half hearted if you are going to continue to publicly indicate that you still think my story is not truthful by saying that you are "remaining a skeptic". I am a good Christian guy and have no motive or reason to make the story up man!

We are all entitled to our opinions, but when people choose to make malicious statements or accusations about others in a public forum without grounds, well that is outright slander and that's a whole other ball game. If you don't have anything positive to contribute, then keep your opinion to yourself... noboby is forcing anybody to associate with anyone that they don't trust or like... which I couldn't understand in my case because most of you on this forum don't even know me and to pass judgement on me without getting to know me first is just plain wrong. I know there is alot of bs floating around out there, but I am not one of those individuals. I value friendships very highly and it would be counterproductive to that if I were dishonest with folks.

And for those of you that remain skeptics about finding emeralds on the beach... so you are saying that not only am I a liar and now so is Dell, but also the girl that found the 70 somewhat carat emerald on the beach in Wabasso (which was all over the news and it now sits in the Mel Fisher Museum in Sebastian), she also must be a liar...

And the guy that found the encrusted conglomerate containing numerous emeralds on the beach in the Melbourne area (which now is displayed in the McClarty State Treasure Museum in Sebastian), yeah, he also must be a liar...

Why is it so difficult to be believe our stories? Coins, jewelry, and artifacts both large and small come ashore or are buried up in the dunes and are recovered constantly just inshore from historical Spanish wrecksites. Emeralds being the shape they are, tumble around much more easily than anything else... why would they not also come ashore?!! We all know that they were quite common as contraband on the Spanish vessels and have been recovered from wrecks the world over... think about it people... it's not only likely that they are found along our coast with the wrecksites so close to our shoreline, I am surprised they aren't found more often.

Well, the skeptics can go on being skeptical and I will go on and keep finding treasure and we can all be happy... just leave me out of your negative comments as I will only post positive things to folks on here or keep out of things that I can't say anything nice about. Peace.

Upvote 0

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
PhipsFolly said:
And for those of you that remain skeptics about finding emeralds on the beach... so you are saying that not only am I a liar and now so is Dell, but also the girl that found the 70 somewhat carat emerald on the beach in Wabasso (which was all over the news and it now sits in the Mel Fisher Museum in Sebastian), she also must be a liar...

And the guy that found the encrusted conglomerate containing numerous emeralds on the beach in the Melbourne area (which now is displayed in the McClarty State Treasure Museum in Sebastian), yeah, he also must be a liar...

Why is it so difficult to be believe our stories? Coins, jewelry, and artifacts both large and small come ashore or are buried up in the dunes and are recovered constantly just inshore from historical Spanish wrecksites. Emeralds being the shape they are, tumble around much more easily than anything else... why would they not also come ashore?!! We all know that they were quite common as contraband on the Spanish vessels and have been recovered from wrecks the world over... think about it people... it's not only likely that they are found along our coast with the wrecksites so close to our shoreline, I am surprised they aren't found more often.

??? I didn't get the impression that anybody doubted the possibility of emeralds from shipwrecks ending up on beaches.

Upvote 0

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[mod]Okay folks. Time for a review of things I see. I'll be going through this thread and removing any off topic or bickering posts. If you find that you have had a post removed consider it a warning that you have violated the terms here. Following is a link to the rules, I suggest you review them and pay close attention to the ones I have listed below, these have been violated in this thread.

Rules:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/rules You may not.... Post, upload, send personal messages, transmit or otherwise make available any inappropriate, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, vulgar, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, or unlawful content.

You may not.... Abuse, defame, harass, threaten, stalk, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.

You may not.... Impersonate, imitate, pretend to be, or mock another member.

You may not... Insult moderators, or denigrate the duties they perform.

You may not.... Act as a proxy for another member.

TreasureNet is not responsible for removing or editing any post. Information you post WILL NOT be considered copyrighted or otherwise protected from use by anyone else. We make no guarantees or warrantees as to the length of time posted information will remain online. We reserve the right to delete or modify any post, avatar or image, at any time, and for any reason. We reserve the right to limit any users' access to any feature, including the ability to search, post, browse, upload avatars, etc.. We reserve the right to ban any user, and/or delete any user account (including all posts) at any time, for any reason. Bans are not subject to member review, approval, protest, or appeal.

If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner.

Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone.

All members are equal, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, education, or experience. Never take a superior tone with, or "talk down" to, anyone.

For those that post about controversial detecting devices, on either side. You have been given an area to discuss these devices. Be prepared to give support to your comments/allegations. Also, be prepared to agree to disagree, if the other party in the discussion does not accept your evidence, move on. If you follow the rules the evidence as presented will be there for anyone viewing the thread, rather than being removed due to being inflammatory. Most importantly, keep the discussion on topic and civil. The complaints coming in and being posted are far too many, keep it CIVIL!

As for the “witch hunt” proposed. This is not “Survivor” where the rest can vote off another member. Use the options available to you, ignore and report.

With that, this thread is locked. [/mod]

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread