What's new

"Emerald Treasure" Wreck off Cape Canaveral

mariner

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
877
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
"Emerald Treasure" Wreck off Cape Canaveral

Does anybody know if the 1757 wreck off Cape Canaveral supposedly being salvaged by Archaeological Discovery Ventures of West Palm Beach, and featured in their web site www.emeraldtreasure.com actually exists, or is it just a good story?
 
Re: "Emerald Treasure" Wreck off Cape Canaveral

Just last week I received from the Division of Historical Resources an updated list of all companies in Florida with a current, valid exploration or salvage contract. There was no mention of any company called Archaeological Discovery Ventures.
 
Re: "Emerald Treasure" Wreck off Cape Canaveral

ps. That website hasn't been updated in years. I remember when that story about the Isabela Emerald first came out....then nothing more was ever reported. It did help sell a few magazines however.
 
Re: "Emerald Treasure" Wreck off Cape Canaveral

Thanks for the comments,GDaddyFlex,

I contacted ADV and they said they were still excavating the wreck, without a license of course, and they are still selling products through their Internet site and on Ebay.? I guess that if you are looting a wreck you do not want to be shouting it from the roof tops these days, and the same if it is just a front for selling imported emeralds.

Mariner
 
Didn't John Christopher Fine write an article about this shipwreck? Maybe in Treasure Diver or Treasure
Quest Magazine???
 
GH:

I wonder what prompted resurrection of this old thread? I am pretty well convinced that this operation is just a con, selling imported emeralds, and that there is no actual wreck. I spoke to John Fine and wrote to him, asking why he risked his reputation as a photo journalist by promoting this story. His articles included photos supposedly taken at the wreck site, and a photo of the so-called Isabella emerald. He would not recant the story.

Mariner
 
I agree with Mariner and knew he would be alerted to this thread starting again. Ask Capt. Dom via a PM about these guys...he has had the pleasure of meeting them.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom