What's new

End of Roll Finds

Bank Runner

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
666
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
I think that the "End of Roll Finds" are sometimes the most exciting. Most of them foreshadow what we hope will be great boxes full of many of their brothers and sisters. Here are two of mine from this week. The penny turned out to be a 1919, my oldest US coin so far this year. Unfortunately the box only yielded 6 other Wheats, all of which were from the 40s and 50s. The Franklin helped make a solid box (for my area).
 

Attachments

  • Coin Finds 2-19-09 01.webp
    Coin Finds 2-19-09 01.webp
    168.1 KB · Views: 310
  • Coin Finds 2-21-09 01.webp
    Coin Finds 2-21-09 01.webp
    56.4 KB · Views: 304
Upvote 0
i love to open boxes and see bens and walkers on the ends...
 
Awesome!!! I have only found 1 silver half (Frankie) on the end, but sadly it was on the bottom and I didn't know it until I dumped it into my hand. I would of loved to get a pix of that!!!! :thumbsup:
 
This was my 2nd Franklin on the end of a roll. Weird considering the number of coins I have searched this year and the small amount of Franklins I have found. Unfortunately, I couldn't wait to get the other roll open long enough to take a pic. ;D
 
Always love to see silver at the end when open a box. My personal best is 32 of 50 being silver ending. That is over 60% of silver, which was prozen to be true after I finished the box.
 
When I get my flat, single layer boxes I cut the side edge with the overlapping top flap. Open the lid, look for silver, close the lid, flip it over, lift the bottom, look for silver (silver ones get inverted sos all the silver ends are on top), flip the box back over, count silver and write how many on top of the lid. Highest # gets done last unless I need some instant gratification. I don't take many pics anymore but here's one from Oct '07. HH Mark

DSCN1239_edited.jpg
 
here was my best end roll find a 1917 walker ;D
 

Attachments

  • S6300667.webp
    S6300667.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 262
  • S6300667.webp
    S6300667.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 249
Love the end finds. That is the first thing I look at.

Golden Silver
 
TreasureFiend said:
Awesome!!! I have only found 1 silver half (Frankie) on the end, but sadly it was on the bottom and I didn't know it until I dumped it into my hand. I would of loved to get a pix of that!!!! :thumbsup:

Just to clear it up, I meant old halfs (Franklin or Walkers). I have found a few 90% & 40% Ken's on the ends. :tongue3:
 
"End of Roll Finds" are motivating. I loved the recent Mercury dime "End of Roll Finds" posted.
 
Nice pix B.R. , I agree some of the best rushes come from what is showing on the end... nice find btw ...Bens have been pretty scarce lately in my area . Now that I do flat boxes I look for those peekers more often... the best this year so far is 2 Walkers in one box and another one showing the week before . I havent never really keep track but it one nice rush to see silver showing. I know that I have pulled a few Bens showing , some WL from last year and some Kennedys too.



Anyways B.R. that is a nice find ... one way for sure that you that you don't have a skunk box :thumbsup:, Ed
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom