Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• H023a.jpg
    H023a.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 63
Interesting... I would have walked right by it. Thank you for pointing it out. There is certainly a story there.

Sometimes ones plans to achieve prosperity just can never be for filled. I took this picture of the end of the trail for these folks in the endless sea of sage in Western Wyoming. It was along the overland trail and I believe the dates on the headstones were the early 1850s. No I doubt they had dreams of what the future might hold for them, when they came to the end of the trail. It sure didn't look like a very beautiful and peaceful place to die out in this unforgiving land. Kinda sad I thought.

Attachments

• IMG_20190823_060559.jpg
    IMG_20190823_060559.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 70
I think the word I was looking for is 'poignant'. Both photos.

Such graves are all over the southwest. I found two, years ago. A sad end to a lofty dream. ╦╦C

Thank you for sharing tamrock and YumaMarc. :icon_thumleft:

I hope when my time comes, to die on the trail to treasure . what better way is there to go than in an instant doing what I love .
beats a slow miserable death in a nursing home.

I hope when my time comes, to die on the trail to treasure . what better way is there to go than in an instant doing what I love .

You got that right! A lot of old time miners died looking for their treasure. Sad thing about those days was a mill hand's life expectancy was around five years, then most would die of silicosis. The old dry-stamp mills were true "widow makers".
StampMillCamsS.jpg

Yeah, but I hope you don't find the treasure and die dancing to your good fortune with the treasure at your feet! ╦╦C

Wow untouched after all these years neat pics

Wow untouched after all these years neat pics
There is a certain "attitude" in the southwest, as you know, A2coins. People out here respect life, past and present. For the most part, anyway. ╦╦C

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back