Entire Brinks box of 1976 halves

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Two rolls were not 1976, but all the rest were. WTF!!??

When I opened the box all I saw were 1976 coins on the ends. The bottom layer was the same. Two rolls had other dates, but no silver. The coins were not BU or anything like that. Most had typical CRHer markings on them and they were all very much circulated. I figure some newbie CRHer was saving all his or her bicentennials and decided to dump them all at the same time. At 1.45 melt for a 40% and about 3.50 melt for a 90% this addiction is not good, even if I was scoring some silver.

Two other Brinks boxes were skunks as well, but at least had a mix of dates.

Back to the CRHing 12 step program.

Jim

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sux.

Please explain the CRH 12 step program... :icon_scratch: LOL

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Silver_Fox said:
TreasureFiend said:
That sux.

You quit?

I wish I could quit. Honestly, CRHing for me in my area is a big waste of time. I love finding the silver halves but they are few and far between anymore, and I have quit a couple of times but get back into it after awhile. Business has been slow the past couple of weeks so I found myself getting back into CRHing since I had extra time on my hands, and I did have a couple of nice finds.

I will be busy with work though for the next two weeks so I know I will not be CRHing much at all. I cancelled all my coin orders weeks ago, but I know a couple banks here that automatically order boxes now and keep them in stock (in part I believe due to my ordering boxes for so long). So if I decide that I want to CRH I can stop in and pick them up unless some other CRHer gets them.

I have found when I quit for a couple of weeks my work becomes more productive, so I will lay off the CRHing for now because I have to handle business, but I imagine I will be getting boxes again by mid to late November.

p.s. I did find a 1956 Rosie in the return slot of the self service coin counter today at one of my banks when I was cashing in dumps. This particular machine does not seem to accept silver dimes in that I have found a few in the past in the same way. Not worth much but still kind of cool to find.

Jim

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
TreasureFiend said:
That sux.

Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our CRH addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable.
Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves (skunk box?) could restore us to sanity

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
BBcardsRI said:
I'm sick of that darn bicentennial design! I feel your pain Jim! lol

At least you nabbed some reject tray silver!

~Dave

Went back to that same dump bank today to get rid of my halves and someone using the machine jammed it up with some debris and the teller shut it down and said she would have to call the tech. I had to hustle over to another bank before noon so I could cash out my dumps.

They should not let idiot folks use the coin machines, especially when they lack the sense to make sure that a bunch of crap does not go into the machine.

Jim

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
lmao "debris" yikes!

What kind of stuff was the idiot trying to put int there!

Reminds me of a time I was dumping a few rolls out and a coin wrapper got into the machine... I was like a china-man trying to get it back out using two pens as chopsticks.

~Dave

Ifyndit

Dec 15, 2007
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
I hope you took a look for this CUD error on the reverse! They can be worth much more than a 90% is worth nowadays or even when silver was $20/oz. Definitely worth keeping! (In the last two months I have found six of these errors).

Attachments

• DSC00900.JPG
    DSC00900.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC00903.JPG
    DSC00903.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC00905.JPG
    DSC00905.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC00900.JPG
    DSC00900.JPG