Over $400. in dimes....

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And all I have to show for it is ONE 1954 dime, .80 Canadian and a New Zeland nickel.

I'm a bit disappointed - a dozen of those rolls, the teller said she rolled them herself and those had the highest number of Canadian in them! Treason!

Is this a common trend, or should the cosmic law of averages collide head on with my karma somewhere in the near future?

Upvote 0
airborne1092 said:
And all I have to show for it is ONE 1954 dime, .80 Canadian and a New Zeland nickel.

I'm a bit disappointed - a dozen of those rolls, the teller said she rolled them herself and those had the highest number of Canadian in them! Treason!

Is this a common trend, or should the cosmic law of averages collide head on with my karma somewhere in the near future?
By law banks can't give you foreign coins. So I was told by a bank teller.

I did about $350 today. $230 fed rolls and the customer rolls. I pulled four. Two from customer rolls and two from the feds. I'm trying to fill a book so I wasn't too disappointed. At least you pulled one! Got a few loose halves on the trip but they were skunks. Sounds like one per box is about average lately.

Maine_Jim

Thats great, I was skunked 6 boxes straight and I haven't check dimes since. ;D

Yea... 1 per box has always been my average.

One silver dime per $250 searched.

So if I were you, I might have expected 2 dimes and dreamed of 3. =)

~Dave

Silver_Fox said:
airborne1092 said:

shouldn't it be that tellers aren't allowed to SELL you foreign coins, they can give you foreign coins at their discretion, ie all the reject trays you peeps mention full of foreign coinage.

My average was 1 silver dime per $100, till recently when it was 6 per 8 boxes. I think that dimes were hit hard after the silver price rise. AMC

Silver_Fox said:
airborne1092 said:

Well I just read about Steve's departure and checked his profile and it appears that this post (I'm quoting here) was his last post here on T Net Before his Death.......... Apperantly he passed away shortly after this .... his last post. Not shure what time he passed but only that he passed on Saturday.

I got an email from him about an hour after this post of his.

I still can't get over the fact that he has passed away.

He will be deeply missed.

~Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back