Epic Day - Someone's going to be very happy getting this back!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The water down my neck of the woods is virtually hunted out, just fresh drops here and there.

So, Steve & I ventured out for a long drive. Had a populated weight belt with me today!

New trashy water! Beer cans buried deep, Steve had 8 or so that he pulled out, I pulled out one and the others were so deep, I quit at 20 scoops over about 10 of them and left them lay. As it turns out from the day's results, we'll go back and get them ALL out of there!

I pulled out 20 coins for a total of $3.56.

And THIS:

Tue Aug 01 18-25-37.jpg Tue Aug 01 18-19-43.jpg Tue Aug 01 18-21-43.jpg

It's a Football State Championship ring.

And then there was this:

Tue Aug 01 18-27-05.jpg Tue Aug 01 18-28-16.jpg Tue Aug 01 18-28-52.jpg

It's a 1986 class ring.

I know the guy who lost the championship ring will be delighted to have it back. And the class ring will go home too.

I have to do some research. It was a good day.

Upvote 0
Stunning! I can't wait to hear the final outcome.

Amazing Day! Congrats and that's worth two Honorable Mentions! You should go buy a lottery ticket now!!!

I've identified the championship ring owner. I'll call the school tomorrow to put me in touch with him.

The class ring is a lot harder due to 31 years passing. I'll call the school tomorrow hopefully and see if I can reach out to him as well.

I've a VA appointment tomorrow, so my time may be limited on the pursuit, and it may continue for a few days. I'll focus on the championship ring first.

That class ring shouldn't be too hard, the guy isn't even 50 yet.

Well , ain't you just getting , dare I say classy? :tongue3:
L.O.L..Congrats , and wow!
Great recoveries.

Boy what a save!! May we ask what it's made of and how much does that thing weight? Looks like a Hog!!

WoW!! those are two awesome finds
Google the school and look for a reunion committee or alumni board, some grad classes also will have a FB page.
SS

Last edited:
Keep us posted! Those ring are awesome, and your instinct to return them is admirable!

Keep us posted! Those ring are awesome, and your instinct to return them is admirable!

It is the right thing to do. The championship ring belongs to the guy who earned it!

The championship ring is a honker, weighs 36.16 grams - measures 1 1/8" across and 1" wide on the top. The markings are @ (Josten's trademark) LTM. I haven't tested it as I'm sure it is Stainless or Titanium.

Man imagine the feeing they must get when you contact them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are two sweet rings that two people will be very happy to see them again. Great job! I hope the things keep goin your way. HH

Deep forgot to mention his fan club following him around ........ and the young lady in the white bikini. It was a GREAT Day !

Nice finds and all you can do is try to get them back if that is your decision. Good Luck and congrats on the finds!

That's just awesome! Love it when a prized possession can be returned! Great feelings all around.

Deep forgot to mention his fan club following him around ........ and the young lady in the white bikini. It was a GREAT Day !

What? No photos? Come on now.....:laughing7:

What? No photos? Come on now.....:laughing7:

No photos, you have to remember - we were very serious treasure hunters :)

Oh man that white bikini! And the 5 others :)

I called the championship school before heading to the VA, and no answer. I left a message just now.

An update for this thread....

I've found and contacted both ring owners. On the championship ring, the school contacted the owner's grandmother. The other school, I talked to a lady, and have received no call back. Maybe their records are limited by date. However, I used Classmates.com and found the owner and e-mailed him from there.

So just maybe I'll be delighted with both. The championship school told me the grandmother was all excited. She must be passing the info on the her grandson.

All will be well! And always keep the faith in goodness.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back