What's new

🥇 BANNER EPIC Hunt - 21 Rings 7 GOLD - Hunt of my life A-TEAM

biggmike

Hero Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
751
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
2
Location
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got away with the family on a solo mission. The rest of the A-Team, Lookindown and DavidFL couldn't make it this time and man I wish they were there. My wife and daughter went with me and it all still seems like a dream. We got to the beach at about 8am. It's a private beach that the workers in the area say they never see anyone else hunting there. I got permission before I went and I still can't believe how it all went down. As soon as I entered the water there were targets every few steps. This is a huge beach so I took my time and dug all of the good targets. The first few were coins and then a junk ring. I was thinking "oh ya" I just felt like I was going to do good. After about a half hour, a few coins and two junk rings the first good ring popped out.

DSC00063.webp

It was 10K and I was elated that I had GOLD. I only have one gold this year and I figured this was a successful trip with just that ring but I had no idea what was about to happen. Well about 15 more minutes later and a few more junkers out comes this little beauty.

DSC00067.webp

This one was 14K and I was starting to think this day could be amazing. I saw my wife sitting on the beach and took the rings to her. She told me that her and my daughter were going to go shopping for a while so I headed back in. As soon as I got back to about waste deep water I got that beautiful middle tone and the third gold of the day shows up.

DSC00065.webp

Another 14K band and I couldn't believe what was happening. It was only about 10am and I had three gold rings. Well about 1 hour and four or five more junkers later I got that solid middle tone again and you guessed it. My fourth gold of the day

DSC00050.webp

I started thinking "no way this is happening" and looked up to see my daughter wading out to me. She asked if I found any more gold and I showed her the two I found and told her to take them to her mom so she took off and my next target was a solid middle tone and one scoop later this one made it's way into my scoop

DSC00070.webp DSC00071.webp DSC00072.webp

14K with ICE. I looked up and my daughter was just walking up the wet sand so I followed her up and gave gold ring five to my wife and told her if she wakes me up I gonna be pissed so if I dreaming to just let me sleep. I returned to the water and realized that all five rings had come from the same general area of the beach and I figured I would make a quick run the other way just to see if I had just found a honey hole or was this beach just that good. I got about half the way down the beach and a few people were about chest deep and one of them said they had lost their ring. He didn't speak English well at all but I could understand what he was saying. He started smiling and and said "I help you" and acted like he was swimming with his hands. I asked if he really lost something and he said "no" and asked if I have found anything and just then I got a blast from the detector right were he said he lost a ring. I confirmed that he hadn't lost anything again and one scoop down out comes number six

DSC00068.webp

A heavy 14K band. They couldn't believe it but by this time I wasn't very surprised. In fact, it got to when I didn't get a ring when I got a middle tone I was disappointed. I was so happy to get a gold ring away from the area the other five rings came from because now I believed they could be anywhere on the beach and this beach was big enough for all three of us to have hunted. I had six gold rings at this point and I think that is the most I have found in one day but little did I know that the best was yet to come. As soon as I got back to the area I had found the first five gold rings I started picking up a couple junkers again and that's then this monster showed up

DSC00073.webp DSC00074.webp DSC00076.webp

It wasn't marked on the inside so I wondered if it was real but time was short so went back at it. A few junkers later I had to leave but didn't want to. When we got back to out room I showed the big ring to my wife and told her it wasn't marked so I didn't know if it was real and she said "yes it is. It says 14K" I said "Where??" and she said "right here". It was the first ring I have ever found that was marked on the outside of the ring. I was in the water for about 7 or so hours and had 7 gold rings and 14 junkers. I actually started skipping the high tones about half way through the hunt because there were so many of them. This was a once in a lifetime hunt for me. I know there are other hunters that are used to finding multiple rings but any time I find more than one gold is a great day for me. I only found 2 gold rings once last year so I was ecstatic to get 7 in one day. My only regret is that my team wasn't with me but since I have permission to go back once a year I'm sure they will be with me next year. I might even see if it is possible to get a late season hunt there this year. Here is a pic of the stuff without the trash. Thanks for looking and HH.....

DSC00046.webp DSC00048.webp DSC00052.webp DSC00053.webp​
 
How does one go out and find as many rings as clad coins?! OH.MY.GAWD *bows down*
 
CONGRATS on an epic hunt...congrats on the BANNER...Ive had dreams where I was finding one gold ring after the other but even in those dreams I didn't find that many...sure would have liked to been there to see you do it [and scoop some of my own] :laughing7:...you represented the A TEAM big time :icon_thumright:...how are we supposed to catch you on the ring count now? :dontknow:...that's why we do what we do...you never know what your next hunt will bring...nice, very nice.
 
man what a fantastic hunt. you can tell in the pics that the ring that is stamped on the outside of the band has been re-shanked and although stamped 14k, it looks like the rest of the ring is a more orange color. I would be willing to bet that the shank repair is 14k and the rest of the ring is possibly a higher karat like 18k. It is no doubt a very old ring. I would guess it to be 1920's or older
 
A tiny bit Jealous!! Nice Job
 
Holy crab on a cracker, what a day you had, we all wish for a day like yours. Congrats.
 
my best hunting dream wasnt that good.gives hope for the gold peasants amoung us !! heartfelt congrats.
 
An AWESOME !!! Day indeed.

Oh..How many Silver Rings did u get?
Look's like at-least 1 or 2 in the Big Pic.

I'd be happy with 1 silver.
 
Must be one of two kinds of places, a honeymoon spot, or a place where people get divorced and toss their rings in the water !
 
Does Silver Count?
Big Mike.
 
Wow what a day! Looks like you went to a 7 ring circus! Congrats!!!
 
Thats bringing home the treasure right there!
 
wow, what an incredible day. :occasion14:
 
Congrats on one EPIC day's hunt,the kind we all dream of! Like the one with the "ice" on it too. I'd hit this as often as you can and CLEAN IT OUT GOOD. The airheads will "deposit" more for you. HH.......
 
You'll never forget that hunt! It's really nice whenever someone confirms that those epic hunts still exist these days. :thumbsup:
 
Extremely epic!
 
Amazing. I am in awe. Congrats!
 
Someone please call 911 for me...my heart is about to stop after viewing this post!:laughing7:

Mega congratulations on terrific detecting!

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • EKG.webp
    EKG.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 182
That is some treasure ! Congrats
Glen
 
I vote for a banner hunt too! Really awesome and congrats!:thumbsup::occasion14::hello2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom