Equinox 5khz

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting in 2tone multi with alot of iron grunt so I put it in 5khz and quieted right down pulled out 1853 3cent piece, a very small silver coin also 2 silver dimes.l was in park 1. I'm new to this machine, but continuously pull out goodies. I was using 2tone 40khz around cellar holes. I like 2tone even with the etrac that's all I used then switch to the deus now back to minelab. I guess I'm using the eq5 like the deus.

Last edited:

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When I'm hunting in support of a local museum, I use two tones and switch between multi and single freq. Museums are interested in all artifacts --ferrous and non ferrous so I really "dig it all" and use the two tone option just to have an indication of what may be hiding in the ground.

When hunting on our beaches, I use my custom 3 tone settings in multi.

Just the view from my personal foxhole....

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back into detecting and haven't been on treasurenet in a while was just excited about my find I didn't no that coin existed, thought it was a war token.i went 30yards one past found 2silvers that 3cent piece a pen, foil,now old foil was a broken single. But round foil tabs hit hard,pulltab,clad,copper flashing, but no small iron just one palm size piece down deep.i been here before with other detectors as I'm sure other people been there also.the place is closed cause of the covid. Im using a big shovel rather a small dig tool so mabe digging more .not sure if 5khz is old news or not, haven't read much on it ,but I like it . At least we can detect by are self and stay safe cause this **** sucks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread