Equinox pays for itself.

minersmoss

Feb 9, 2013
Sedro-Woolley, Skagit Co. , Pacific NW. , Wa
Detector(s) used
MineLab Equinox 800, MineLab X-Terra 705 Gold pack , Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Compass Magnum 420
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without a doubt my best find of all time. I purchased a MineLab Equinox 800 late last year and this beautiful wedding ring was found shortly there after. It was found at a local park where the traveling carnival sets up operation during the fourth of July holiday. The park itself is very old and has been the site for the carnival for well over a decade, with thousands of people enjoying the site over the years. It has always been a good place to swing the detector. I had been at the site for a couple of hours and had found several clad coins, pull tabs, and aluminum can salad, when I got a strong signal on the Equinox. It was ringing a 32 signal which is a very reminiscent ID for marking a penny. I had already pulled several pennies from the ground and was not that thrilled with digging another, but since the site is so old there is always the chance for an Indian head or a Wheat back, so I reluctantly dug a plug. When I popped the plug out I didn't see anything revealing but scanning it with my coil new it was in there, so I started pulling it apart and there stuck in the roots of the grass was something shiny. I pulled it clear and saw that it was a ring. As I wiped away the dirt my excitement began to build, as it looked as if it was of good quality and complete. I have found rings before that had missing or chipped stones or had been misshapen from being stepped on or hit by lawn mowers, but this one looked intact. I put it in my shirt pocket and headed home to clean it up and to have a closer look. With a quick rinse and a scrubbing with an old tooth brush it reviled itself. It was looking pretty nice but I'd been fooled before by shiny rings and glass stones. I looked at it through my magnifying glass and couldn't find any markings, looked like gold but had no karat markings. Also the band was not solid it looked more like a cast and was hollow looking, which left me thinking it was most likely costume jewelry. If not for my wife I probably would have put it in my box with all the other non valuable trinkets found over the years, but she insisted that I take it to the jeweler and have it looked at, and I'm so glad I did. Turns out it is 100 percent real. The jeweler told me that it is an old ring from the 1950's that's why the band isn't marked and why it looks to be cast, he said that was just the way it was done in that era. He said that it is 10 karat gold and that the large stone is a rose cut diamond and 1/3 karat in weight the other diamonds combined weight is 3/4 karat and is valued at 1600.00 dollars. I had it resized to fit my wife who now enjoys wearing it.

Attachments

• IMG_3404.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_3434.jpg
    1,023.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3435.jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Upvote 16

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful ring. Congrat's to both you and your wife. I'm considering trying an Equinox, and when I see or hear of success stories such as this, it just helps in reinforcing simple reasoning. Lol Well Done and Continued Success to you and the Equinox.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great ring! If you put in the time and find spots 20 other folks haven't been to it's not hard to pay for a machine fast. With my Deus it took 8 weeks!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on the beautiful ring! Wonderful to get your coil over it. Good luck!

Capncrunch

Mar 25, 2020
KCMO Area
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 5000, Fisher F22, Quest X10, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG! THAT is AWESOME! I think that every detectorist has a dream of finding something SO amazing! I know I do!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That paper clip is a beauty! No seriously though....that ring is awesome and just proves this to be the best hobby in the world. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions