Equinox update review and what I noticed.

Voldetector

Sep 21, 2018
TN
Detector(s) used
F75+, NOX600, BHLRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a review on the software update Minelab released.
Tonight I got bored and decided to go over a couple targets in the test bed pre update on the Nox 600. Test targets were deep targets, 10" clad dime and 12" quarter, 6" mercury dime on edge(wouldnt hit, if it did it was iron). It struggled on the 10 and 12 but would hit it here and there, Definitely a walk over in real world conditions.

Post update
So after the update same settings ect I went back outside. I wasnt expecting much, but to my surprise it was solid hits on the 10 and 12 no exaggerating. This machine is as deep as my F75+.... I could also hit it with swing speed maxxed out as well.(couldnt before) The TID wasnt bouncy either, stayed very tight and no low or teen numbers. To my surprise it picked up a little depth. Now to the Merc dime, it was able to hit pretty good, big improvement. I just bought the nox for my beach/water machine since the F75 is my baby, but I'm very pleased with it, esp post update.

Depth meter.
It has improved alot but still not accurate, but close enough.

Video coming soon

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone is so obsessed with depth, but not all old coins are a foot down. I've found at least 60 pre-1900 coins and NONE were more than 7 inches deep. The three 1700's half reales I've found were all in the 4 to 6 inch range. Most large cents I find are in that depth range as well.

I've also found 1970's pennies and dimes that were 10 inches down, so I'm not missing the deep coins. What's the point? Don't get hung up on how deep the latest and greatest machine goes. Spend more time on research and less time obsessing about how deep your machine will go. If there are no old coins to be found at a spot, how deep your machine goes means jack squat. Just my take on it...

OP
OP
V

Voldetector

Sep 21, 2018
TN
Detector(s) used
F75+, NOX600, BHLRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see no indications of me being hung up on depth. Do I like depth? Of course. I hunt alot of sites covered in over burden where a 3-6" coin/relic is much deeper. In my normal sites, the deepest is around 5 or 6", so depth isnt as important and seperation/unmasking is. This was just an apples to apples comparison on the update and whether or not you're on the fence about it.

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone is so obsessed with depth, but not all old coins are a foot down. I've found at least 60 pre-1900 coins and NONE were more than 7 inches deep. The three 1700's half reales I've found were all in the 4 to 6 inch range. Most large cents I find are in that depth range as well.

I've also found 1970's pennies and dimes that were 10 inches down, so I'm not missing the deep coins. What's the point? Don't get hung up on how deep the latest and greatest machine goes. Spend more time on research and less time obsessing about how deep your machine will go. If there are no old coins to be found at a spot, how deep your machine goes means jack squat. Just my take on it...

Sounded like an honest review of the update. No bragging, hung up or whatever. No obsessing as its clearly stated that his primary machine is the F75. Depth IS important because it usually means that a machine that can hit a deep target usually IDs a shallower target that much better.

Chub

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depth is a moot point if you're in the wrong spot. That's all I was stating. Sorry if you guys took it the wrong way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread