What's new

Error bill

Holt0222

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2015
Messages
525
Reaction score
417
Golden Thread
0
Location
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I have the chance to buy this bill. What are your guys thought on how much I should pay for the bill.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544285609.641464.webp
 
Are you sure it's REAL? There's NO secondary serial number present. It looks too FAKE to me, but how do you get it certified that it's real. Is the paper texture the same as other paper currency? Real strange looking to me, WOW. How much are they asking $$$ ?
 
Here is a better picture. Waiting to hear back on price. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544298344.895176.webp
 
What yr of series
 
Looks CU (Crisp Uncirculated) Or close

Value in CU or Better Condition of 1934D $5 Silver Certificates: $25

with the Error on the Serial #,
would be More.
No idea How Much.

I would Guess at least Double to error Collectors




https://oldcurrencyvalues.com/1934d_5_silver_certificate/
 
Last edited:
Yeah I contacted old currency to see what they would offer. I figure probably gona be 30% under.
 
Genuine or fake, I'd offer $50 shipped.
A 1934D $5 Silver Certificate of the U-A block uncirculated lists at $40-$60 depending on wide or narrow variety.
The plate check numbers on the back help to determine the variety.
A total of 491,666,000 notes of all varieties were printed.

If fake, it would be a great conversation piece.
It is possible that the missing serial numbers were "bleached" or altered to create a rarity....

I wouldn't know if it was fake or not until I had it in hand, for closer observation.
If I felt that it was genuine, I'd certainly send it in for certification.
Keep us updated!

Scott
 
Last edited:
If its real that's a collectible one people would pay well for it
 
Holt,
I askeds the firm of Stacks Bowes Currency Auctions about your bill. They replied:
"Someone named Randy has showed us this before. We paid $350 and he never shipped it. Then he claimed he sold it for $1,500. These errors are common and usually bring around $400 - $500 as a retail price. Thanks - Manning"
Don..........
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom