What's new

Error coins, please submit

twinsrule

Full Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
If any of you have any error coins you would like to talk about, you can say it here. I like to look for everything, since the thought of unknowingly throwing an expensive or rare coin... makes me shiver ;D I'll start

1998 Wide AM
1999 Wide AM
2000 Wide AM

Theres tons left to name, but I'll leave that to you
 
Upvote 0
Just started doing cents in December. At first just for copper but now I check for the Wide AM and Close AM. Have found 3 Wide AM's (98 and 00) and no close ones. Really would like to get that 99 in BU shape.
 
Just remember, as part of the learning curve, these are varieties, not errors. I myself check for everything possible.
 
I've found one 1998 and one 2000 wide AM so far. The 1999 is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Also, I found a 1974 cent struck through a greese-coated die. Kind of cool.
 
if you are looking for info regarding error coins, then i would suggest you also post this in "coins", the first one on the list of forums. the people there are more knowledgeable on the errors. that being said how about rotated dies, cuds, and double dies.
 
This is my favorite error I found in a bag a couple of months ago. I got a blank planchet this week.
 

Attachments

  • Penny Front.webp
    Penny Front.webp
    2.9 KB · Views: 325
  • Penny Back.webp
    Penny Back.webp
    4.3 KB · Views: 294
  • Penny Front.webp
    Penny Front.webp
    2.9 KB · Views: 308
  • Penny Back.webp
    Penny Back.webp
    4.3 KB · Views: 266
Just started checking pocket change recently and I might have come up with a 1964 Lincoln cent with an error. Sorry, no pic, but the word LIBERTY has a crooked L. The L is tilted back, not in line with the rest of the word. Coin has average wear for its age. Kinda neat.
 
jimcor said:
Just started checking pocket change recently and I might have come up with a 1964 Lincoln cent with an error. Sorry, no pic, but the word LIBERTY has a crooked L. The L is tilted back, not in line with the rest of the word. Coin has average wear for its age. Kinda neat.
Has to be post mint damage. nothing in the minting process to make that happen.
 
Has to be post mint damage. nothing in the minting process to make that happen.
i have to agree on the minting process but what could have happened after mint to move the position of a letter :icon_scratch:
 
Weve found four blank penney planchets in last 2 weeks alone not worth much Im sure but keepers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom