What's new

Error or roller damage

goldee43

Greenie
Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bloomington, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Do you think the serrated edge on this dime is mint error or damage from a roller? The crimp marks are uniform on both sides.

I hope the pictures post. I'm new at this.

 

Attachments

  • dime front.webp
    dime front.webp
    2.7 KB · Views: 405
  • dime back.webp
    dime back.webp
    3.2 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0
Lori - I do think the damage is post Mint but don't think it is from a rolling machine. The roller damage usually shows as a ring on the obverse or reverse of the coin, depends on which is showing.

But I can't some up with an explanation either. :icon_scratch: Can you post some sharper, larger photos?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom