What's new

Escution plate? No! but Good Thread

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
6,690
Reaction score
716
Golden Thread
1
Location
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this item very similar to one earlier IDed as musket escution.
have I found another? slightly over 2.5" long
Thanks & HH to all :thumbsup: ;D ;D
 

Attachments

  • nc finds 03-02 005.webp
    nc finds 03-02 005.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 279
  • nc finds 03-02 006.webp
    nc finds 03-02 006.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 275
Re: Escution plate?

No, and are you sure the other wasn't ID'ed as a side plate?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Escution plate?

Iron Patch said:
No, and are you sure the other wasn't ID'ed as a side plate?
Thanks,
first photo below was IDed as a 'musket part'
second & third photo IDed as French/Belgian musket Escution,
Any further thoughts on these :help:

I also have a 'Buttplate' That one was easier, still the same 'L' design as some moderns. Thanks :icon_sunny:
 

Attachments

  • NC FINDS 01-11002.webp
    NC FINDS 01-11002.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 213
  • nc finds 11-28 007.webp
    nc finds 11-28 007.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 232
  • nc finds 11-28 008.webp
    nc finds 11-28 008.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 240
  • nc finds 11-28 008.webp
    nc finds 11-28 008.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 230
  • nc finds 11-28 007.webp
    nc finds 11-28 007.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 234
  • NC FINDS 01-11002.webp
    NC FINDS 01-11002.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 214
Upvote 0
Re: Escution plate?

steelheadwill said:
Iron Patch said:
No, and are you sure the other wasn't ID'ed as a side plate?
Thanks,
first photo below was IDed as a 'musket part'
second & third photo IDed as French/Belgian musket Escution,
Any further thoughts on these :help:

I also have a 'Buttplate' That one was easier, still the same 'L' design as some moderns. Thanks :icon_sunny:


I think they are both parts of a trigger guard. Does your big piece seem complete?

http://www.11thpa.org/Bess.html
 

Attachments

  • page-5.webp
    page-5.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 236
Upvote 0
Re: Escution plate?

Thanks for that exact match, #1 in your pic is same as my #1 pic 'Longland 1730':hello2:
Great 'Bess' info Site :read2:
Wanted to include the buttplate pic with these,
My pix are only referenced by date, and I was being called away :wink:
I'm back and here it is.
new pix because someone originally ID'd it out of a group photo :notworthy:
otherwise it would have gone into the brass scrap pile :'(
seeing as it has a screw intact (even some of my own are loose :tongue3:)
I imagine the entire weapon went overboard, (more than one??)
The area where these were found is a tough dig, accessable only at the lowest tides,
and in deep sloppy mud, hope to find the rest of that trigger guard, lock and sideplate :icon_sunny:
 

Attachments

  • nc finds 03-03 001.webp
    nc finds 03-03 001.webp
    39.2 KB · Views: 202
  • nc finds 03-03 002.webp
    nc finds 03-03 002.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0
Re: Escution plate?

steelheadwill said:
Thanks for that exact match, #1 in your pic is same as my #1 pic 'Longland 1730':hello2:
Great 'Bess' info Site :read2:
Wanted to include the buttplate pic with these,
My pix are only referenced by date, and I was being called away :wink:
I'm back and here it is.
new pix because someone originally ID'd it out of a group photo :notworthy:
otherwise it would have gone into the brass scrap pile :'(
seeing as it has a screw intact (even some of my own are loose :tongue3:)
I imagine the entire weapon went overboard, (more than one??)
The area where these were found is a tough dig, accessable only at the lowest tides,
and in deep sloppy mud, hope to find the rest of that trigger guard, lock and sideplate :icon_sunny:


I'm thinking you need to hire a new ID guy. :laughing7: I wouldn't laugh usually, but you did find that 60th so... :laughing7: ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: Escution plate?

.
 

Attachments

  • youre-fired.webp
    youre-fired.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom