Estate Sale 1/16/14 What should I try to buy? Jewery, plates, etc [photos]

I can't tell from the picture (they are good pics, tho') but if the candlestick isn't too dented I'd try to sell it as an antique. I doubt there's more than 2-3 oz of sterling metal there, and maybe less. Having scrapped a couple different weighted items, I wouldn't bother unless it's no good for sale as it is. However if you have to see for yourself once (I couldn't resist), here's an opportunity to satisfy your curiosity.

Well I guess my nest question would be this: how likely is it to sell this kind of piece at or above spot as an antique versus stripping it down? If it has 2-3 oz of silver, can I really expect to get $30-40 out of it as an antique candlestick?

Last edited:
Well I guess my nest question would be this: how likely is it to sell this kin of piece at/ above spot as an antique versus stripping it down? If it has 2-3 oz of sliver, can I really expect to get $30-40 out of it as a w
I expect it to be worth $48 or less before paying shipping to my refiner. That's 90grams pure X .925 X spot -10%. That's optimistic. Man, is silver down or what? I'd spend some time looking at that "or less" part. Yes, you can do better on ebay with a few good pictures and some solid sales copy. Sell it as 454g weighted. Tell them you don't know what's what. You're selling a candlestick - not scrap metal! If they feel cheated let them send it back completely intact. That won't happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back