What's new

Estate sale finds. Buffalo nickel and pocket watch Avon decanters

cajundetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2023
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
2,053
Golden Thread
0
Not sure how collectible these are. Grabbed each for a dollar. Any insights are appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 35DC6075-9CE7-4AB5-B50A-646DC3AEDDB5.webp
    35DC6075-9CE7-4AB5-B50A-646DC3AEDDB5.webp
    1 MB · Views: 96
Not sure how collectible these are. Grabbed each for a dollar. Any insights are appreciated.
On Fleabay they sell anywhere from $3-27 dollars
Usually with the box
late 60's to early 70's
 
On Fleabay they sell anywhere from $3-27 dollars
Usually with the box
late 60's to early 70's
Thank you!! It seems like the decanter would cost more than the liquid itself lol!
 
I had the yellow roadster and 20 or 30 others. My mom bought them. My experience is if offered $5, take it. Especially in well used condition sans the box. Avon touted these as collectibles. They weren’t lying: anything can be collected. The market never really supported them as good investments. There may have been a few that were worth more, IDK.
 
I had the yellow roadster and 20 or 30 others. My mom bought them. My experience is if offered $5, take it. Especially in well used condition sans the box. Avon touted these as collectibles. They weren’t lying: anything can be collected. The market never really supported them as good investments. There may have been a few that were worth more, IDK.
Thank you! I think I’m gonna keep the Buffalo nickel on my desk. I imagine that it will confuse some younger folks when I tell them aftershave was in that lol!
 
Thank you!! It seems like the decanter would cost more than the liquid itself lol!
Oh that liquid is dangerous.
Not fit for man or nose 🤣
Ding-Dong Avon calling.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom