What's new

Estate sale Sterling - too nice to scrap!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I scored these two chunky sterling candlestick holders at an estate sale near home. I polished one up, and decided I will keep 'em! Offered $10 for the pair.
Too hot for me to go dirtfishing, so I seek the treasures where I can.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2492.webp
    IMG_2492.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 137
Super score! How many ounces?
 
Most always, candlestick holders are silverplated. None the less, looks like a beautiful pair. Let's all do a rain dance so we can get back out there and dig!
 
Most always, candlestick holders are silverplated. None the less, looks like a beautiful pair. Let's all do a rain dance so we can get back out there and dig!
Mjc, how do you tell if it's plated? It is stamped Preisner weighted sterling. I'm sure that the silver is like a heavy foil, so not a lot of oz's there either way.
 
Should be .925 then. I have helped my brother tear a couple dozen of these down and they were all heavy silver foil. usually 1.5 ozs and up is what he got from most with the largest around 3 ozs.
 
I have been doing the rain dance but it hasn't worked , Nice find 1.5 oz of sliver is better then no sliver....Congrats
 
Great pick up and smart one at that at the estate sale. Hi Ho Silver, Away!:silvermedalblue:
 
Nice Silver snag from the estate sale D! Look beautiful
 
You're right, they ARE too nice to scrap. The one cleaned up well!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom