Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been thinkin seriously about buying one. Anyone use the ETrac. Itll be a big jump from my Whites machines. Ive downloaded the manual and gonna order a book on it. Gonna have a minor surgery coming up pretty fast, be laid up for close to a month, so Im going to read and learn all I can on it first.
Been real hot so I guess the forum is slowed a bit, Im still hoping for another get together for us, hopefully someone will step to the plate,lol.
Ran into a old friend/retiree that I worked with. He owns a nice large piece of property, and told me of Indian villages that were on it and around him, told me to come hunt when I wanted. Ill definetly look into that, never know.
Anyway thought I would stick somethin up here in the forum to get the blood circulating again.
Hope all my Louisiana friends are having a good summer.
Best regards,
John

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck on your surgery John .. I have been to busy to do anything.... and fighting with blood sugar issues ...I check in a time or too. we ( T-net Lousisana ) need to do some thing this fall ..... :headbang:

Ace250.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Gator old boy, I do not have a clue as to the ETrac. If I were going to buy a new detector today, it would be for gold detecting. Have you lost faith in your old detectors, or do you just have the fever that we all get from time to time?

PS, good luck on your surgery. Let Tensas and I know if there is anything we can do.

OP
OP
G

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heya Ace, get that sugar under control!!!!! Fall would be great , my wife is still talking about Ponchatoula, she doesnt MD, but she had a good time meeting all you guys.
GrayCloud, I luv my Pro, but for some reason I have had a hankering for the ETrac since it came out, have no desire for a V3 at this time. The ETrac reminds me of my Pro, pretty much turn on and go once you get your own programs set up.
A Gold Machine!!!!!????? What you not tellin me??? Are you holding back on me and Tensas??? Geesh, and I was fixing to make you my babys Godfather,lol. Actually, Ive thought about it or at least a good water machine thats good on tiny bits of gold.
Well, I may have another hunting spot located, gotta check it out first.
Ace,GrayCloud, thanks for the good luck wishes, Im gonna be out of commission for about 4 weeks, surgery is suppose to be minor tho, least thats what the surgeon says, heck, last week they did one of them colon things on me, went in, they put me to sleep and I didnt even know when they did it when the nurse woke me up,,, she kept telling me Mr Johnny, you gotta wake up, everyone else is gone, boy I was sleeping good.
Ok, hope everyone in Louisiana is good,
Best to all,
John

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
Well if you havent ordered the E-trac i dont know what you are waiting on.. I switched over from Tesoro detectors and havent missed the old machines at all.. Finding Mercury dimes and wheats at 11+ inches is just something those old machines cant do.. My Golden Sabre was modified to go deeper but at best with all the planets aligned, birds singing. it would only get 8 -9 inches..

I have also been to quite a few places we "hunted Out" and started popping up silver coins and rings like it was new site all over again.. IN fact i picked up another e-trac just to convert my dad.. He is stubborn though! ;D

Defintally get one.. We (my dad and I) detect in Lousiana all the time.. mainly North LA. but Make sure you get the Sunray X-1 probe with it.. Those things are amazing on these minelabs..

Bob

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the ETrac months ago and all I can say is I have to carry a full size shovel now because of its depth potential. Nuff said! I have Whites and other Minelabs, its in its own class to me.

LaRoper

Aug 18, 2007
Southwest Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey John,
I wanted to let you know I was still around. I also bought an E-Trax last week. I have it out for two runs so far, no silver but lots of wheats and buttons.
Later,
LR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread