What's new

Even a blind hog finds some silver sometimes !

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2007
Messages
1,224
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Gang, I stumbled over a 1000 buck bag-o-halves today. I was rewarded with 35 pieces of silver including 4 Bennies,10-64s, and the rest good ole 40%ers. Maybe this is the start of something good. The bank claimed they have more in the vault. So tomorrow I guess I dump the 1965 losers back into the system and start again. If you are good at math, the mints produced over 16 Billion coins which contain some amount of silver, so I have a little ways to go to get the rest of them. Cheers, Jim
 
Upvote 0
coolpix9 said:
If you are good at math, the mints produced over 16 Billion coins which contain some amount of silver, so I have a little ways to go to get the rest of them. Cheers, Jim

True, but so much silver coin was melted down in the 80's, when it hit $50 an ounce, there's no way to really determine what might be left from each year/mint in circulation. All we know is it is less, far less, than the published mintage numbers.

Kudos on your haul.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom