Ever find a weapon?

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1613093697.279166.jpg

I have found toy guns but this was a bit different. It looks like it has been in the ground a while. Odd....broken....I turned it in to the police.

Besides, that...lots of can pieces and a few coins...

Upvote 26
OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, still has all the serial numbers on it looks like. Should be easy for the cops to trace. Found only parts of toy guns too. Keep up the good detective work, we never know what we will find buried in the ground !

Treasure Hunting NM

Sep 10, 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been doing this for about 2 years now and in that time I have found at least 18 pocket knives and a couple other weapons that look like can do serious damage to the human body. Haven't found any guns or bodies thankfully. I've found razor blades, lots of bullets, and tons of drug paraphanelia, lots of used needles. I have never seen as many needles as i have seen metal detecting. The majority of the stuff has been found at parks. Apparently lots goes on at these parks during the night.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_3750.jpg
I have found a half dozen or more. Found this one with my digging crew in eluthera bahamas.....I've found 2 pistols and a lever action all on this same permission in eluthera...the wierd thing is....no guns allowed in the bahamas !! This one was a Saturday night special....probably used in the drug wars of the 80s. It was wrapped in plastic about a foot down.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brass Knuckles are the only weapon I have ever found. Lot's of Toy Cap Guns, but no real guns.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1901574

I have found toy guns but this was a bit different. It looks like it has been in the ground a while. Odd....broken....I turned it in to the police.

Besides, that...lots of can pieces and a few coins...

I have found a few depending on what your definition of "weapon" is. Just about anything can be used to hurt or kill someone.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, never found a real firearm. Will you get it back, or do you want it back from the police? Very interesting and thanks for posting

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found two real guns, one old and one new fed6.JPG zur2.JPG 383.jpg one was in a field the other in the rafter of a house, I detect everywhere PS, gave the new one to the police, it was used in a crime, gave the Civil War one away

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's not stolen or reported for a crime can you claim them back? The cops will probably slag them.

No they won't, the cops will either have a free gun that one of them keeps or sells for profit to himself. They laugh like crazy when somebody turns a gun in, free money for them. The chances of one finding a gun used in a crime is slim to none, and slim left town. Hard to see in my avatar photo, but there are several rifles with the wood rotted off and some CW artillery and full cannister shells. Rifles are Springfield trapdoors and Remington rolling blocks.

Last edited:

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
some interesting finds there.

Back in the 70s I was relic hunting with a buddy after a flood in the old corn field. We were finding some nice relics, my buddy found an old 1800's gun, pretty rusted up.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found 6 civil war bayonets , a civil war sword , iron knuckles , lots of gun parts , cannon parts . 20191215_123857.jpg

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I have found several. I detected for some of the local Police Departments before they had their own detectors.

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been doing this for about 2 years now and in that time I have found at least 18 pocket knives and a couple other weapons that look like can do serious damage to the human body. Haven't found any guns or bodies thankfully. I've found razor blades, lots of bullets, and tons of drug paraphanelia, lots of used needles. I have never seen as many needles as i have seen metal detecting. The majority of the stuff has been found at parks. Apparently lots goes on at these parks during the night.

TreasureHuntingNM, you have found a lot in just 2 years time...I am glad I don’t find many needles. Once I found what I thought was a glass dog bone but turned out to be a pipe (saw with my eyes hidden in a tree while detecting around it). Yes...makes me wary of detecting parks at night.

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 1901625
I have found a half dozen or more. Found this one with my digging crew in eluthera bahamas.....I've found 2 pistols and a lever action all on this same permission in eluthera...the wierd thing is....no guns allowed in the bahamas !! This one was a Saturday night special....probably used in the drug wars of the 80s. It was wrapped in plastic about a foot down.

That’s incredible! Wrapped in plastic sure makes it intentional and suspicious. Scary. Good finds for you!

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Brass Knuckles are the only weapon I have ever found. Lot's of Toy Cap Guns, but no real guns.

Ewww brass knuckles? That’s interesting. Did you try them on?

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have found a few depending on what your definition of "weapon" is. Just about anything can be used to hurt or kill someone.

Good point, cudamark!

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, never found a real firearm. Will you get it back, or do you want it back from the police? Very interesting and thanks for posting

Thanks, Ed. I didn’t ask about it and I don’t want it back....I’m not a fan of being around firearms even if they are not working. I kept a photo of it though. I never even thought to ask for it back.

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
some interesting finds there.

Back in the 70s I was relic hunting with a buddy after a flood in the old corn field. We were finding some nice relics, my buddy found an old 1800's gun, pretty rusted up.

Sounds lime a fun field! Thanks for reminiscing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread