Ever get that second Ding in the hole you just pulled a good coin out of??

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I got off early today, but not early enough to got back to that stream area I have been doing so good at. Stopped by a area I had worked many times and had just pulled two old bronze last week, Well, I work these areas back behind a old castle site for a little with no luck :'(
Then it started to rain, so I shortend my shaft and started to move out back to the truck and as I was passing the area from last week, I just had to stop and go over it one more time" Leaving the shaft short and just going to make a quick pass through the area, Not thinking anything was left...I worked off to the side like last week in a area you normally would not work near some rocks up on a small bank area...Then I get a good ding! It Read good (Foil) and the depth was about 4". Started to dig, but the roots were crazy and very thick.., but that never stopped me before!! ;D After some prying and pulling and digging, I saw something round in the hole and said to myself...Yes! Pulled it out and saw the square hole and said YES..Again
As we all do, I put the coin in my pouch and thinking that was it, but always making sure by passing the coil over the hole.....DING...HAHA...One more' YES! ::) Dug around some more and out popped another..Great! I will take two bronze coins in one day! ..I get up and run the coil again...DING...YES!!!! Dug around some more and out popes another bronze!! At this point I said I need a picture of all three coins! Took the picture and thinking maybe I had heard another ding, I ran the coil again and DING DONG! Hello Baby''..One more coin in the hole! Yes... Got the coin and ran it one more time,,, ALL GONE >:( Too Bad...All good things must come to a end! I was happy!
Got a couple more dings in other areas, but just could not get to them. I will be back with a pinpointer and see what I can do with those next time, may just be trash! "BUT WHO KNOW IN THIS HOBBY!! :o
Anyway, Just wanted to share that with you guys and gals..I'm not the best writer in the world..I am sure others here have done the same thing and hit a glory hole..Take Care and Good Luck!

Attachments

• Agena 5.2.06.JPG
    Agena 5.2.06.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 533
  • Agena Jo 4.2.06.JPG
    Agena Jo 4.2.06.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 543
Upvote 0
Z

ZumbroKid

Re: Ever get that secound Ding in the hole you just pulled a good coin out of??

It happens once in a while. Nice when they are old ones.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Dave.....great story and photos!! It's happened to me several times. I guess we refer to that as a "coin drop". I once hit a place that yielded 11 coins and a ring. I felt like I must have looked stupid digging and digging and standing and squatting and swinging and digging and standing and so on, and so on. I got a good work out and found all the stuff in the honey hole! ;D

Sounds like you are having some good luck with your hunting over there! Keep up the good work!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a really strong penny signal once, thinking it was trash, I halfheartedly dug and out popped two pennies. I scanned again, the signal was still there. I found 8 pennies in one hole. They were all Memorial cents, however, it was still pretty exciting.

Great finds Dave. I look forward to all of your posts, I am so jealous.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice finds Dave....I always go back over the area after digging...afraid I will miss something if I dont...hahaha...like someone planted a teaser coin over a stash...LOL....Looks like you have really been finding some cool stuff lately! String those coins!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Great finds Dave,
a good memory also for you.
These multiple finds,
same hole are just the best.
Congrats!

Smiles!
BDoo

nybuford

Jan 16, 2006
WTG Dave!
Just think.. each coin you found only took a 1/4 of the work to dig it up!
Still... congrats on the old bronze!
Bu

OP
OP
Dave N Japan

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have done this a few times over here, If not same hole. Sometimes they are within a couple of feet of each other..I guess those are "coin spills!" I guess the Samurai got a sword right across his money string! HAHA!!
Yes Gypsy, it has been good lately after a few years of light hunting...Really like the 3-D!! I will be backing off a little as the heat is starting to turn up! Just too hot in that jungle!(The Humidity) May try and get some water work done this summer! Good Luck Everyone!!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds. It has happened to me before. That's when the excitment starts. I pull a old silver quarter out of the ground. Resweep and find another. I have found small pocket fulls of silver in the same hole.

Those chinese cash coins look to be in nice shape. The soil looks good were you are at. I have found a few here in the states.

Good luck

HH Jer

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...i gotten that before 20 times!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story Dave! Awesome finds!

Nana ;)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i have found some coin spills myself, but too bad they were just clad! nothing near as great as your finds! awesome digs!!

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee
Dave,

Awesome story and your writting tells the story just fine.I feel the excitement you must have had when you dug that second, third, and on.

Congrats on the stash! Nice picture also. Keep up the great post and thanks for sharing.

Smartin

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man! That was a cool story. I found 2 memorial cents and a 69 nickel once in the same hole. I thought that was something but your finds are defintely memorable. Keep it up!
Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Dave, any idea of the age? HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread