Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ice Gator & I planned a hunt at a local park near me. A 15 minute ride for me, Gator about 2 hrs. This park recently had a festival & we were hoping for "big" finds of money. We both have new MDs & wanting to test our equipment, we spread out & started hunting. I was finding pennies, digging around in the sandy dirt area while Gator hit the grassy areas. The ground was hard as cement due to the lack of rain for so long, even with the downpour we had Wednesday did not help with deep digging. I found my 1st ever nickels & dimes, needless to say this was my 1st venture to an area outside of home property. Gator was having a blast finding more money, at one time I looked & he was sitting down digging as if digging to China. At about 8" he found 2 quarters in one hole, then some type of token.

It was a great learning experience, the difference in beeps & tones for depths of coins/metals. We even had a beggar/druggie asking us for money to buy food. We told him that we had no money that we were looking for some. The park is rather safe surrounded by homes on all 4 sides. We took a break & walked into town for a meal, toured the museum, bought some strawberries & then back to the park. More walking around just listening to beeps & tones checking depths & walking on. We were just too tired to dig anymore. Actually I believe the park was hunted right after the festival due to the lack of "scattered top ground clad". After all, there will another time we can hunt again in this same park. Gator took pictures, so I will let him post those here. Thanks to TN forum for bringing Gator & I together, & thanks Gator for a great hunt.

HH ;)
River

Upvote 0

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey rat.sound like you had a great time.got some finds and went on the local tour and had lunch.all round good day congrts

tinpan

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice

Cant wait to see the pic's.. Congrats on the finds

USTiger (Aka Bo)

S

southbound

Sounds like you have a good detecting buddy! Have fun getting used to the new detectors. Congrats on the coins and token.
Vern

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Sounds like a fun time. It's not always about what you find but the overall experience. Curious as to the new detector you have.

Good luck

Mirage

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Your day sounds great ! Its always fun to meet up with someone from TN and finding clad is the icing on the cake. What Museum did you tour? Glad you guys had a good time ,cant wait to see the photos! WTG

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Glad you guys got together to try out your new detectors. I agree, sometimes it's the experience that is fun, not just bringing home the clad. Wish you guys could have found alot more though....maybe next time!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

icegator

Apr 22, 2006
Maurice Louisiana
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x
yes it was a great learning experience. AP i have a fisher 1212x and rr has an Ace 250. It was so nice to get out with someone else other than family to detect and i had never been to that part of the state and rr was an excellent tour guide. The museum was nice with all the old artifacts and old pictures of what the town used to look like back then. river rat is a class act and i wish all of you could detect with her and i will definetly detect with her again even if i have to drive 2 hours to get there. Even though it was the first time meeting we hit it off right away. She is an assett to this forum. Sorry no pictures yet but i just went back to work and everything is hectic. will try to post them later.
ice

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
RIVER, Sounds Like You Both Had A Good Day, Thanks Again For The CW Cav Pic. trk5capt...

Attachments

• cwr%20(5)_1145672726.jpg
    cwr%20(5)_1145672726.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 276
  • cwr%20(5)_1145672726.jpg
    cwr%20(5)_1145672726.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 274

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's awesome, River. Glad you and gator could get together. :)

Keep on practicing with your detector. You'll be a pro in no time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread