gadigger81
Sr. Member
- #1
Thread Owner
I had a barley hearable tone on my Minelab. The tone was high and it jumped between a 40 and 44. I got excited! I just knew it was gonna be a NICE deep target. I spent I know a good 30 min on this hole digging in the chert to about 8 1/2 inches. Just to get suprised by a rusty nail?!?!?! There is no way that it could be the target I spent 30 mins on I thought to myself. Sure enough I rescanned the hole and nothing! So I buried the nail about 2 inches in the hole and rescanned, to my suprise a high pitch tone!
I was wondering if it has happened to any of you?? 
I was wondering if it has happened to any of you?? 


I was in an apple orchard that dates to around 1900. Using the trusty garrett. I had already found a good amount of old farm tools and was about ready to pack it up and I noticed a tree that was a little older than the rest of the trees in the orchard and I got the screamer of all signals. I dug in and started carefully excavating the area and I just kept digging and digging. I was so deep that my head was actually in the hole that I was digging. Finally at about 3 feet deep I hit it....... could it be
?? a large dutch kettle (oven) was peering back at me. I carefully dug at it dreaming of the gold and silver coins that spilled over the edges. Finally got it out and it was EMPTY, EMPTY.







