Ever have a fresh dug Silver Coin tarnish in your hands right before your eyes.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever have a fresh dug Silver Coin tarnish in your hands right before your eyes. I have a few times, it was in wet ground, and it seemed to have a shine and in a few seconds it started getting that black tarnish to it, as it saw air for the first time in years. It happened when I detected a 1772 Spanish 1/2 reale I think it is, it is the size of a Dime. A side story, I thought I hit the jackpot finding a coin older then our country, when I checked the value out and it was only 10 bucks, I was disapointed, lol.

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No but I have had coins vanish right before my eyes... usually happens when I go to the store. :P

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see video of that!!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever have a fresh dug Silver Coin tarnish in your hands right before your eyes. I have a few times, it was in wet ground, and it seemed to have a shine and in a few seconds it started getting that black tarnish to it, as it saw air for the first time in years. It happened when I detected a 1772 Spanish 1/2 reale I think it is, it is the size of a Dime. A side story, I thought I hit the jackpot finding a coin older then our country, when I checked the value out and it was only 10 bucks, I was disapointed, lol.

No, what in the world are you using for hand lotion?
My coins disappear during a card game, I detect better than I play cards! Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread