Ever have one of those days where you find a lot of one thing?

Fourman110

Jun 22, 2013
Cedar Rapids IA area
Detector(s) used
Manticore
AT Pro
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was all about silver and quarters. Well that was the plan.... I found all of these in one yard in a little more than a 1/2 hr. Every one rang up 83 or higher. I almost quit digging. Ended up with one clad quarter in addition to all of these cars.
20141002_180739.jpg

That's mine. What did you find a lot of?

Upvote 10

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the great thing about this hobby, you just never know what you're going to come up with!
Looks like you found a kids car lot! Nice finds congrats!
There's a field behind a school I hunt that has given up over $30 just in quarters, I've named it quarter field. I also found a silver dime and a musket ball a few weeks back in the same field, go figure!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't remember the correct number, but this summer, in the lake in a few hours, I found about thirty quarters and twenty dimes. I'll have to go back and check the numbers.
One yard I did find about four little cars.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked, 66 quarters 53 dimes,
7 hours in lake
Haaaaaaaa that was a fun day

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted a lawn in the spring that had almost 100 penny signals....got 5 wheats, the rest were copper roofing nails:BangHead:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't believe no one has said " nothing " yet, lol!:laughing7:

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On yesterday's beach hunt, I kept hitting quarter after quarter. I still haven't checked the dates.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of pennies today, 23 of them. The oldest was a 1961. That's common but today the ratio was unusually high.

I've also dug 6 1961 pennies over the last 10 days or so. That's a bit strange too.
You just never know. Things seem to come in waves.

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cars 2014.jpg

I have been digging a yard just like this... I have found like 15+ toy cars in this one yard... Here are my cars for 2014 so far... :)

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was all about silver and quarters. Well that was the plan.... I found all of these in one yard in a little more than a 1/2 hr. Every one rang up 83 or higher. I almost quit digging. Ended up with one clad quarter in addition to all of these cars.
View attachment 1061502

That's mine. What did you find a lot of?

Yeah Man!
Those Old 'Die Cast' Quarters Always get me to.& Many times there buried at 4+ inches.

I always seem to find a lot of Shotgun Brass.

I curse those who dug them before & threw them back down. I can tell when that's the case.

Davers

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O yes, the ATP is a Hot Wheels magnet..ring up nice and loud like a quarter or silver but after digging 8 or 9 in a row you kind of don't want to dig another..but that's what we do. My neighbor's yard across the road has produced over a dozen so far. And there is William, the little 6 year old boy 2 houses down who I give all my Hot Wheels cars to. He lives on the corner, and as i drive by I signal to him that I have the goods, and he will usually beat me to the driveway. His mother recently told me that he washes every one, dries it and then waxes it! HA..and he doesn't care if it has all the wheels or none at all. He has them lined up on his dresser and does not let his friends play with them,,,because "my friend scott who finds these in the ground gives them to me"...lol..i figured he just tossed them in the corner. Cool post..ddf

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this plate at an old house in my town built in the late 1800's.... it was folded in half when I found it... cool though..

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No... how do you do that?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years back, I was detecting on a volleyball court. On one side only, I found 21 Quarters and nothing else. On the other side, I found zero. Who knows.

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hand forged nails, lots and lots of hand forged nails and believe it or not, i've done this on more than one occasion. Quite possibly, every property i detect.:laughing7:

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't believe no one has said " nothing " yet, lol!:laughing7:

As in yeah? Pulltabs!.....someone had too, and I'm eminently qualified..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread