What's new

Ever lost a shovel?!!

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
2,240
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
I truly am a dumba$$ people. I had a super nice Long Handled Relic Shovel that I got as a Xmas gift from my wife. I know she payed probably about 100 bucks for it. I went detecting last fall and left the thing there. By the time I realized it was gone, it was too many hunt ago..

I have no idea where I left it. Some person coming in behind me is gonna be jazzed with this shovel.
>:(
 
It is easier to do than one would think . You get into the hunt and do not even think about what is around you , and you will not notice something gone in till you reach to use it.

I have not lost one of these but I have left things behind and not even see that I did in till I got home. And it would always be when I had driven for many miles to hunt that I would do this. ;)
I really hope that I do not do this again as I have taken up detecting again this year so I am going to try to keep myself in order .
 
hopefully they have there detector in discrimination mod and just walked on by wait on the corner.or they have an atpro and there iron tone audio roll over tells them not to look.
 
I never have lost one, but I found one in the dark one time. It wasn't an enjoyable experience, to say the least. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. rockhound
 
Yep, I left an army fold-out on the trail down from Heart Lake in CO, but when I
missed it I went all the way back over roads from Hell. Stepson left a skinning knife
at the lake and later hiked back up to retrieve it. Heart Lake is in a basin near the top of the Divide and driving down the steep slope is very dangerous. I said I would not
do that again but next year down we went again.
 
Have you noticed that long handle relic shovel that mastereagle has now?
 
Not me, but one day I was hunting at a construction site, and when I bent over to dig a target, I saw something out the corner of my eye, a brand new russian army shovel 1960 model I believe. I hate to think what happened to the person that lost it, looks like he started to dig a hole and got spooked and left it sticking in the ground......NGE
 
warsawdaddy said:
Have you noticed that long handle relic shovel that mastereagle has now?

WSD, I believe BB has been eyeing it, but I know he's bound to be taking the ribbing from ME about the lost shovel...you know how ME is. :laughing7:
 
I've never lost a shovel, but when I was out deer hunting one year, I noticed a strange looking "stick" against a tree. When i finally got over to it and looked it was a Remington Realtree 12 guage. I guess the camo worked a bit too good.
 
My uncle found a super high quality lever action rifle while coon hunting one night. He was climbing up a creek bank, laid his rifle on the ground, and when he picked it up, it was a different rifle!
 
clovis97 said:
My uncle found a super high quality lever action rifle while coon hunting one night. He was climbing up a creek bank, laid his rifle on the ground, and when he picked it up, it was a different rifle!

geeze where do you guys hunt - I wish I could go out and find another rifle....lmao. you can't never have enough rifles or ammo these days.... :)
 
I found the shotgun just outside Crab Orchard park in Illinois. Interesting side note, the area had been a munitions factory in WW2 and they had dumped unfinished land mines in pits there after the war. Sometime in the 80's I think a storm knocked a tree over and hunters found hundreds of mines in the roots! Made for quite a scare in the park!! But it was later found out they had never been loaded. I wish I could get back up there and detect one day and see what other neat relics are in the ground, but I think it's off limits
 
I know of a guy that leaned his cammo rifle against a tree and took a nap. got up and walked away, never did find it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Yep! Put a cheapo Walmart shovel on the rear pickup bumper, left it there and drove home. It did not make it home. Lost a Whites pin pointer, another club member found it and returned it. I have got about 50 feet from my small digger, went back to the last hole dug and there it was under some leaves and dirt. I only saw it because the handle was bright orange. Hint, Hint!

Ed D.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom