What's new

Every relic hunters DREAM FIND today (better pics)

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
1,312
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I got in the truck and drove down to an area that all we have pulled out of there is nothing but bullet after bullet. But this time instead of going were we normally go I went to a different spot, right behind a huge pile of trash, (old buckets,paint cans,beer cans,stoves,refrigerators etc...) and just as I thought junk target after the other, I was filming all of this to. Well I decided that I would film one more target (another can) and much to my suprise it was not a can.

But in fact a Beutiful piece of history, almost 3/4 of an extremely rare Pewter C.S.A. Plate I was so damn happy that I went to reach for the camera and turned it off, droped it on the ground, and almost fell out dead. I made a bee line straight for the truck and there I sat for at least 45 minutes catching my breath.

I went back to the hole with my 4" coil and dug that sucker out at least 20'x20' and no signal or remains of the rest, it has been eaten away that much. This is what relic hunting is all about recovering items like this that have been lost for over 150 years and saving them before they completly rot away.

This is by far the best find of my life so far.

Thanks for looking guys.
Matt
 

Attachments

  • cs plate 012.webp
    cs plate 012.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 4,410
  • cs plate 013.webp
    cs plate 013.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 4,427
  • csa coat 007.webp
    csa coat 007.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 3,156
  • csa coat 009.webp
    csa coat 009.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 3,156
Upvote 0
Great find but I pity the poor bast%&d that got ripped apart but the grape shot that destroy that plate. Its sad but most of the great finds come from someone who got killed.
 
Matt, Thanks for sharing your find and Doug MM Thanks for the photos.
Congrats on the banner. Well deserved.

Alan
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom