Everybody enjoying the new maintenance fee website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I was going to go in and pay my claim fees, oh, but your phone number changed and there is no way to update that. You have to delete your account and start over. Your account will be deleted in 24 hours. Your account it not deleted. OK what is my customer ID and case number? Oh we have hidden that information now. You have to log into your account that we have locked you out of..... I can hear my heart pounding in my ears.... Seriously agitated....

Upvote 8

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you are referring to my comments in post #33, I did not use the word "Presumption", nor did I presume. I determined the meaning of the term by using common sense and experience.

If you read the original post, it seems clear that Ragnor is frustrated with the ridiculous amount of red tape and incompetence at the facility where he was trying to simply pay his claim fees.

And then...you begin to post/quote/dispute all manner of legal minutiae regarding various mining laws, followed by a fixation on the simplest of required terms needed to fill out what should be just a simple form.

And now you're quoting Black's Law Dictionary in an effort to provide some legal basis for your issue over what a Customer ID is.

All of which is completely irrelevant to Ragnor's post. He's ticked off because he's having to deal with a bunch of legalistic BS just to pay his claim fees, and all you're doing is posting more legal BS that doesn't even address his needs. It's no wonder Clay was frustrated.

99.9% of us aren't attorneys or law clerks, we're prospectors and miners. When it comes to legal matters, we'd prefer it be simple and secure, as in:

What's your Customer ID?

OK, we show that you hold these claims. Is this correct?

Very good...your claim fees are $XXX.xx. And yes, you can pay by credit card or check.

Here is your receipt, itemized by claim and with the proper stamp showing your fees are paid for the year.

And, that's probably the way it was until lawyers got involved.

That's all I have to say.
Well the frustration that Ragnor referred to and that you refer to as red tape is a valid point based on the definition from Black's Law dictionary. System run out into trivial extremes and order carried to fastidious excess.

The word "Presumption" is defined within "The State of Oregon" code and does not refer to your common sense and experience.

more legal BS that doesn't even address his needs. It's no wonder Clay was frustrated.

This could be summed up with the red tape you pointed out above. Clay stated that there is information / education that can be posted.

"99.9% of us aren't attorneys or law clerks, we're prospectors and miners. When it comes to legal matters, we'd prefer it be simple and secure, as in:

What's your Customer ID?

Patiens is Latin for One who suffers or permits; one to whom an act is done; the passive party in a transaction.

Here is your receipt, itemized by claim and with the proper stamp showing your fees are paid for the year.

The word "Receipt" is defined within "The State of Oregon" code at one location.
The word may not mean what you think it is.

The word "Item" is defined within "The State of Oregon" code at one location.
The word may not mean what you think it is.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cutting through the 'red tape' is the idea here. If some like to refer this as cutting through the BS that is also fine.

When there is information / education that can be posted to help with cutting through the 'red tape' then that is a positive thing even if some may not be able to see the point being made.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very wise to do it old school, I actually like filing all of my yearly documents in person. and early. Not as big of deal if you only have 1-2 claims, but when you could lose 10 by not doing your annual filings correctly thats a different story and a lot of work to fix.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very wise to do it old school, I actually like filing all of my yearly documents in person. and early. Not as big of deal if you only have 1-2 claims, but when you could lose 10 by not doing your annual filings correctly thats a different story and a lot of work to fix.
Could you clarify what you mean by lose 10. I'm thinking you are referring to losing 10 claims.

By filing in person you like to say you made a transaction with clerk x as well as a printed receipt.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you clarify what you mean by lose 10. I'm thinking you are referring to losing 10 claims.

By filing in person you like to say you made a transaction with clerk x as well as a printed receipt.
Yes, when you have 10 claims theres a lot more on the line than needing to re-file for one or two. I know a lot of people wait until the last minute to get their paperwork in order, but for my own peace of mind I do it in person at the BLM office and give myself at least a couple weeks cushion before the deadline.

Also doing it on a professional level vs just as a hobby is a big difference too, I am OCD about my paperwork because I don't trust the government to always do it right, and learning from my own mistakes, I do not want to open myself up to other people having a legal edge to invalidate a claim. I have patented property and we have interests in the neighboring public lands for several reasons.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, when you have 10 claims theres a lot more on the line than needing to re-file for one or two. I know a lot of people wait until the last minute to get their paperwork in order, but for my own peace of mind I do it in person at the BLM office and give myself at least a couple weeks cushion before the deadline.

Also doing it on a professional level vs just as a hobby is a big difference too, I am OCD about my paperwork because I don't trust the government to always do it right, and learning from my own mistakes, I do not want to open myself up to other people having a legal edge to invalidate a claim. I have patented property and we have interests in the neighboring public lands for several reasons.
Thanks for the tips as many will be interested. Nothing wrong about filing early to make sure there is time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions