Everybody enjoying the new maintenance fee website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I was going to go in and pay my claim fees, oh, but your phone number changed and there is no way to update that. You have to delete your account and start over. Your account will be deleted in 24 hours. Your account it not deleted. OK what is my customer ID and case number? Oh we have hidden that information now. You have to log into your account that we have locked you out of..... I can hear my heart pounding in my ears.... Seriously agitated....

Upvote 8
OP
OP
Ragnor

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a common feeling this month. :BangHead:

Most have just given up and sent in their fees by mail. Whatever you decide to do it needs to be done by next Thursday. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans
Yeah kinda down to the wire. I had forgotten the fees were due by the first instead of the 30th.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I generally suggest claim owners not use the MLRS payment system. Besides the fact that it rarely actually works there is the whole issue of having proof of filing and payment. The BLM is not known for great bookkeeping and in any dispute over whether you filed and paid or not it's your word against an agency that doesn't respond or care about your mineral rights.

At least those paying the maintenance fee can still mail or deliver by hand. Small miners are unable to make their annual filing declaration because the BLM has refused to provide the required current form.

The BLM has closed claims in the past for paying on September 1. They could do that again so I suggest paying by Thursday the 31st of August.

Things are going to get real sticky for miners over the next couple of years. Look into the new BLM "Public Lands Rule" if you doubt that statement.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Furthermore, FLPMA requires that unless “public land has been dedicated to specific uses according to any other provisions of law,” the Secretary, through the BLM, must “manage the public lands under principles of multiple use and sustained yield” (43 U.S.C. 1732(a)). The term “sustained yield” means “the achievement and maintenance in perpetuity of a high-level annual or regular periodic output of the various renewable resources of the public lands consistent with multiple use” (43 U.S.C. 1702(h)).

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2023/04/03/2023-06310/conservation-and-landscape-health

Secretary's Order 3289:

Addressing the Impacts of Climate Change on America's Water, Land, and Other Natural and Cultural Resources, issued on September 14, 2009, and amended on February 22, 2010, directs DOI bureaus and agencies to work together, with other Federal, State, Tribal, and local governments, and also with private landowners, to develop landscape-level strategies for understanding and responding to climate change impacts.

Secretary's Order 3403:

Joint Secretary's Order on Fulfilling the Trust Responsibility to Indian Tribes in the Stewardship of Federal Lands and Waters, issued November 15, 2021, reiterates the Departments' commitment to the United States' trust and treaty obligations as an integral part of managing Federal lands. The Order emphasizes that “Tribal consultation and collaboration must be implemented as components of, or in addition to, Federal land management priorities and direction for recreation, range, timber, energy production, and other uses, and conservation of wilderness, refuges, watersheds, wildlife habitat, and other values.” The Order also notes the benefit of incorporating Tribal expertise and Indigenous Knowledge into Federal land and resources management.

Executive Order 14072, Strengthening the Nation's Forests, Communities, and Local Economies, recognizes that healthy forests are “critical to the health, prosperity, and resilience of our communities.” It states a policy to pursue science-based, sustainable forest and land management; conserve America's mature and old-growth forests on Federal lands; invest in forest health and restoration; support indigenous traditional ecological knowledge and cultural and subsistence practices; honor Tribal treaty rights; and deploy climate-smart forestry practices and other nature-based solutions to improve the resilience of our lands, waters, wildlife, and communities in the face of increasing disturbances and chronic stress arising from climate impacts.

The Executive order (E.O.) calls for defining, identifying, and inventorying our nation's old and mature forests, then stewarding them for future generations to provide clean air and water, sustain plant and animal life, and respect their special importance to Tribal Nations. This proposed rule would advance all of these objectives.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
subsection (f) of section 1781 of this title and in the last sentence of this paragraph, no provision of this section or any other section of this Act shall in any way amend the Mining Law of 1872 or impair the rights of any locators or claims under that Act, including, but not limited to, rights of ingress and egress.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/43/1732

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can we delete this irrelevant crud off this thread? :thumbsup:

This is an an important subject addressing property rights of mining claim owners. This is timely information and the efforts to take this thread off track are just wasting the time and rights of miners. It has nothing to do with FLPMA or any of the other random irrelevant crud scraped by some missing intelligence bot.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

This is an an important subject addressing property rights of mining claim owners. This is timely information and the efforts to take this thread off track are just wasting the time and rights of miners. It has nothing to do with FLPMA or any of the other random irrelevant crud scraped by some missing intelligence bot.
Correct about the point of nothing to do with FLPMA as clearly pointed out in highlighted text that is both posted as well as linked to for every one to look at for themselves in posts #5 and #6. That is known as part of due diligence.

I see that you have decided to link (post #8) to the same FLPMA web page as posted above in post #5. Your post #8 brings the conversation back on track of reading the only parts that anyone needs to read as you pointed out in post #4 the new BLM "Public Lands Rule".
Every one will have little trouble reading past all the the crud you have pointed out by reading what is there already in place to protect and preserve "Mining".

Your consistent reference to bots that are constantly screened off of the site is your unverified viewpoints that may be serving a diminishing purpose now. Most can read right past the points about bots.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Can you expand on how this is an important subject addressing property rights of mining claim owners?
Can you expand on how this is timely information?

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thought I was going to go in and pay my claim fees, oh, but your phone number changed and there is no way to update that. You have to delete your account and start over. Your account will be deleted in 24 hours. Your account it not deleted. OK what is my customer ID and case number? Oh we have hidden that information now. You have to log into your account that we have locked you out of..... I can hear my heart pounding in my ears.... Seriously agitated....
Did you resolve the issue and is not the "Customer ID and case number" an internal affair that may or may not be disclosed in a timely matter?
Thanks for the post Ragnor.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Do you care to continue the conversation about clarifying the point you are asking to "delete this irrelevant crud off this thread" when you post a link your self to the same web page previously made (#5) ?
So what specifically is the "crud" are you referring?

Just to clarify if all of my posts are "irrelevant crud" then it is only fair to ask for other posts to be deleted. This should include all non verified view points about "bots" that have nothing do do with the topic thread and mining should also be removed.

Just a reminder here some have clearly stated that they are free to put a block on anyone they choose. This means you don't even see the posts and no need to answer questions that are asked so that all constructive conversation comes to a stop for anyone to learn for themselves how to handle the topic issues.

Posts #4,5.6.7,8.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ragnor

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I called in and talked to Pier and Raven at the claims office. I don't recall the other womans name, but she doesn't answer her phone and her voicemail is not set up. I assume it's the deaf lady. Anyhow I was given the option to pay by phone and I see the charges are pending on my bank statement. Watching that to make sure they go through. I was emailed a reciept, but that requires logging into the MLRS system to see it, lol
An interesting statement By Raven "We do not have access to the MLRS database to edit information, that system is operated by a separate agency". That seams like a real important bit of information.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So, I called in and talked to Pier and Raven at the claims office. I don't recall the other womans name, but she doesn't answer her phone and her voicemail is not set up. I assume it's the deaf lady. Anyhow I was given the option to pay by phone and I see the charges are pending on my bank statement. Watching that to make sure they go through. I was emailed a reciept, but that requires logging into the MLRS system to see it, lol
An interesting statement By Raven "We do not have access to the MLRS database to edit information, that system is operated by a separate agency". That seams like a real important bit of information.
It's not the BLM or any government agency that controls the MLRS data. That has all been contracted out with the new MLRS beginning January 21, 2021.

The database is now controlled by Salesforce in San Francisco.

(You can tell they are a serious modern business by all the cute cartoon characters on their website.)

I can attest to the fact Salesforce doesn't have a clue about what they are doing with the MLRS. I correct hundreds of thousands of errors in their database twice a month. When the database was controlled by the BLM in Denver there were zero (0, none, nyet, zip, nada) errors in the same database for more than 14 years. :thumbsup:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If one starts to dig within the code one can find here and there references about transmuting utilities as this is of the age of the telegraph wire and other references about mail matter both around the time frame of heavy mining rushes.

If one is willing to go to there local law libraries one can dust off the books and take a look at real mining law cases that can specifically address this topic not mush has changed as the information is there just in older books and not the internet as a general rule.

Question what does a emailed receipt have to do with what is written within the code?

Having access to the "MLRS database" can indicate that this is for internal affairs and how does it affect "Records" as in documents?

OP
OP
Ragnor

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If one starts to dig within the code one can find here and there references about transmuting utilities as this is of the age of the telegraph wire and other references about mail matter both around the time frame of heavy mining rushes.

If one is willing to go to there local law libraries one can dust off the books and take a look at real mining law cases that can specifically address this topic not mush has changed as the information is there just in older books and not the internet as a general rule.

Question what does a emailed receipt have to do with what is written within the code?

Having access to the "MLRS database" can indicate that this is for internal affairs and how does it affect "Records" as in documents?
Yeah, that's real interesting. I might have to take the time to go back through and re-read all the mining laws again. I read em back in the 1990's when I was getting started but I've forgotten a whole lot since then.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, that's real interesting. I might have to take the time to go back through and re-read all the mining laws again. I read em back in the 1990's when I was getting started but I've forgotten a whole lot since then.
Thanks for taking some time to look at even some weather or not if you retained them. This is part of heritage and history. It is still there to help people today. Defiantly a extremely useful tool and resource.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's not the BLM or any government agency that controls the MLRS data. That has all been contracted out with the new MLRS beginning January 21, 2021.

The database is now controlled by Salesforce in San Francisco.

(You can tell they are a serious modern business by all the cute cartoon characters on their website.)

I can attest to the fact Salesforce doesn't have a clue about what they are doing with the MLRS. I correct hundreds of thousands of errors in their database twice a month. When the database was controlled by the BLM in Denver there were zero (0, none, nyet, zip, nada) errors in the same database for more than 14 years. :thumbsup:
Thanks for pointing out this information Clay and many are not aware of this.
I'm willing to step out and say that the requirements for acracy requirements likely has also changed around the time period you point out by Congress.

To perfect and amend the "Claim" is always there.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife asked me why I didn't just file mine online and I chuckled, saying that I wouldn't have any proof that I sent it in. I didn't bother mentioning the other problems... lol. As we walked out to the office to print the forms that they can't afford to send us anymore...

After breaking my hand last year, I'm still learning how to write clearly again... it took me a day to write them out this year, but at least my hand works good enough to hold a pen again :laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread