Everybody enjoying the new maintenance fee website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I was going to go in and pay my claim fees, oh, but your phone number changed and there is no way to update that. You have to delete your account and start over. Your account will be deleted in 24 hours. Your account it not deleted. OK what is my customer ID and case number? Oh we have hidden that information now. You have to log into your account that we have locked you out of..... I can hear my heart pounding in my ears.... Seriously agitated....

Upvote 8

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If one starts to dig within the code one can find here and there references about transmuting utilities as this is of the age of the telegraph wire and other references about mail matter both around the time frame of heavy mining rushes.

If one is willing to go to there local law libraries one can dust off the books and take a look at real mining law cases that can specifically address this topic not mush has changed as the information is there just in older books and not the internet as a general rule.

Question what does a emailed receipt have to do with what is written within the code?

Having access to the "MLRS database" can indicate that this is for internal affairs and how does it affect "Records" as in documents?
what does anything you have said have to do with the OP?

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
what does anything you have said have to do with the OP?
The Supreme Court cases referred to specifically address mining issues go read for yourself.

Go ahead and post what you have on the topic.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Supreme Court cases referred to specifically address mining issues go read for yourself.

Go ahead and post what you have on the topic.
you didnt reference a single court case by name anywhere. beyond that nothing you have commented with has any relevance to the subject or original post.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you didnt reference a single court case by name anywhere. beyond that nothing you have commented with has any relevance to the subject or original post.
A fair amount of cases are cross referenced.
Nothing stopping you from posting what you consider relevant to the original post.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thought I was going to go in and pay my claim fees, oh, but your phone number changed and there is no way to update that. You have to delete your account and start over. Your account will be deleted in 24 hours. Your account it not deleted. OK what is my customer ID and case number? Oh we have hidden that information now. You have to log into your account that we have locked you out of..... I can hear my heart pounding in my ears.... Seriously agitated....
If claim fees are based on your updated phone number the criterial of what you are claiming could be taking a secondary seat. This is one reason I pointed out transmitting utilities as the telegraph was around during some of the earlier rushes and I don't recall reading about updating your telegraph information. I could have missed something in my reading.

If the definition of what a case is posted then maybe internal information about "Customer ID and case number" can be shown why this is important.

Another way to spell it out how important it is ask the question how the definition of the "Customer ID and case number" is to your claim or is it used for some internal use / purpose and has little to do with your claim as defined by U.S. code?

What does logging into an account have to do with your claim as recorded at the County recorders office? May be I'm missing something here?

Last edited:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The online site worked fine for me and no probs in Colorado.
If you pay with a card then your bank statement is the same as a receipt and the bank can track where the money went. The blm cant deny they got it.
And online payment through your bank is probably the easiest and most secure way to pay. Are you guys new to debit cards? Haha jk

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The online site worked fine for me and no probs in Colorado.
If you pay with a card then your bank statement is the same as a receipt and the bank can track where the money went. The blm cant deny they got it.
And online payment through your bank is probably the easiest and most secure way to pay. Are you guys new to debit cards? Haha jk
It is likely that many will use a card for the transaction.
I'm asking what is the importance of the customer ID and case number?
Perhaps some can post the information to help educate all. There could also be some updates on what some have experienced with there transactions.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Care to post information?

As I pointed out a number of times in the past the word "Mine" is clearly defined however I'm having a hard time locating a definition for the phrases "Customer ID." and "Case number" as used in the context above.

There are likely some who can clarify by posting information about what is the definition and what is important about "Customer ID." and "Case number".
Education is part of the reason for thread topics like this one.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most will pay the fee and not think about it.
Still there will be a few who will ask the questions just whom is the "Customer ID." and what is the "Case number" and whom is it applied to?

What does this have to do with "Mine" or "Mining"?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Still there will be a few who will ask the questions just whom is the "Customer ID." and what is the "Case number" and whom is it applied to?

What does this have to do with "Mine" or "Mining"?

"Customer ID" is just that..an ID number assigned to an individual or business, linking all business done with this individual to a single account number. You may hold claims to a number of unrelated sites, and all are connected to your customer number.

Without having more information, "Case Number" is too ambiguous for me to make a guess at.

As others have commented...this seems irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Customer ID" is just that..an ID number assigned to an individual or business, linking all business done with this individual to a single account number. You may hold claims to a number of unrelated sites, and all are connected to your customer number.

Without having more information, "Case Number" is too ambiguous for me to make a guess at.

The "Presumption" you are likely referring to here should not be hard to find.

Guessing is not in the works.

No problem if people want to move on. I will be glad to listen to the information (education) that has been mentioned by some that have commented.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Off the wall advice on blast is a deal breaker for most, if you can’t tell it’s almost a ghost town up in here.
Well the ghost town now has a population of 979 and has 5 votes. There are ghost towns in Oregon with far less population.

Like I pointed out will be glad to listen for information / education that some have commented that could be forthcoming.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off the wall advice on blast is a deal breaker for most, if you can’t tell it’s almost a ghost town up in here.
Please leave the moderation to the mods.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well there is no more guessing on the use of "Abbreviations, figures or numerals" in "The State of Oregon" code. Located in only one location within the code. This is for every writing in any action, suit, or proceeding whatever.
Goes back to 1862.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

The phrase "Customer ID" is not defined within "The State of Oregon" code.

I will be glad to listen to the information / education that some have stated that could come forth about "Customer ID".

"Customer" is listed on page 462 of Black's Law dictionary 4th ed. with a few Federal cases and a few State cases.

"Identification" and "Identify" is listed on page 880 of Black's Law dictionary 4th ed.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The "Presumption" you are likely referring to here should not be hard to find.

If you are referring to my comments in post #33, I did not use the word "Presumption", nor did I presume. I determined the meaning of the term by using common sense and experience.

The phrase "Customer ID" is not defined within "The State of Oregon" code.
I will be glad to listen to the information / education that some have stated that could come forth about "Customer ID".
"Customer" is listed on page 462 of Black's Law dictionary 4th ed. with a few Federal cases and a few State cases.
"Identification" and "Identify" is listed on page 880 of Black's Law dictionary 4th ed.

If you read the original post, it seems clear that Ragnor is frustrated with the ridiculous amount of red tape and incompetence at the facility where he was trying to simply pay his claim fees.

And then...you begin to post/quote/dispute all manner of legal minutiae regarding various mining laws, followed by a fixation on the simplest of required terms needed to fill out what should be just a simple form.

And now you're quoting Black's Law Dictionary in an effort to provide some legal basis for your issue over what a Customer ID is.

All of which is completely irrelevant to Ragnor's post. He's ticked off because he's having to deal with a bunch of legalistic BS just to pay his claim fees, and all you're doing is posting more legal BS that doesn't even address his needs. It's no wonder Clay was frustrated.

99.9% of us aren't attorneys or law clerks, we're prospectors and miners. When it comes to legal matters, we'd prefer it be simple and secure, as in:

What's your Customer ID?

OK, we show that you hold these claims. Is this correct?

Very good...your claim fees are $XXX.xx. And yes, you can pay by credit card or check.

Here is your receipt, itemized by claim and with the proper stamp showing your fees are paid for the year.

And, that's probably the way it was until lawyers got involved.

That's all I have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread