Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
everyone CRH's

I stop by to visit my "gold guy" once a week to cherry pick his coin inventory before he melts. Anyway, he pulls out a lone silver Washington and asks me how I think he got it. He proceeds to tell me a local bank has been selling him $1000 bags off the coin counter in the lobby! So far he has only done quarters and dimes and he only got 1 quarter and a handful of dimes. I wished him luck and suggested to try his luck with halves and pennies. I asked him how he was planning on dumping and he said he hadn't really thought about it. Just goes to show you that EVERYONE CRH's now.

Either way I still won because I picked up a 2008-W NGC PF-70 Ultra Cameo ASE and a 2010-W NGC PF-70 Ultra Cameo ASE from him for $100 out the door.

Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
slabbed?

I wanted to share my g-sale find yesterday - 22 ASEs ( 1 2004 proof) - and $20 face value walking lib for $650. positive energy, yes!

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rather than telling him about halves you should have asked what bank.

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday I was dumping and one of the tellers asked me what I had found. She told me that her brother and she used to hunt pennies. Then she said that she grew up and stopped hunting. It was a little bit rude, but I just laughed because she was not smart enough to see the value in hunting for silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread