What's new

EVIL STERLING SQUIRREL (it will scare you!) and King George II Copper

testing123

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,986
Golden Thread
0
Location
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Got out for a couple hours today. Within 15 minutes or so a nice deep solid signal came up. Turned out to be a King George II copper! The reverse is corroded, but at least it can be identified.

Sometime in the hunt a wheat cent-ish signal came up. But what came out will probably give me nightmares... check out this evil squirrel! Turns out to be Sterling. The bar itself isn't silver, and surprising it hasn't rusted away. Any ideas on age?

Also in the hunt there was an odd mix of signals. Dug deep to find an iron nail/spike. Scanned the dirt that was out of the plug and got a really neat button. It has 8 large domes on the front, with maybe a flower in the center. It was a lower tone so it was a freak find as it didn't signal. Re-scanned the dirt with the pinpointer and got a rusted belt buckle.

Also got a couple oddball things like spoon pieces, maybe an old brass pin?, and some flat thing. Ended with 8 old buttons. Any idea on the brass(copper?) pin's age, or what that flat thing is with the hole in it?

HH all!
 

Attachments

  • evil squirrel resized front.webp
    evil squirrel resized front.webp
    128.4 KB · Views: 232
  • button front resized.webp
    button front resized.webp
    121.4 KB · Views: 190
  • button back resized.webp
    button back resized.webp
    140.2 KB · Views: 189
  • KGII resized obv.webp
    KGII resized obv.webp
    155.2 KB · Views: 192
  • group resized.webp
    group resized.webp
    184.9 KB · Views: 207
  • evil squirrel resized back.webp
    evil squirrel resized back.webp
    132.2 KB · Views: 194
  • back group pic resized.webp
    back group pic resized.webp
    181.6 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Upvote 28
Nice diggings there, that squirrel looks feisty too !!
 
I like the squirrel! Around NC they are considered to be pests... and delicious! Congrats on the copper! GL&HH.
 
I love that squirrel!
 
Nice bunch of relics! Congrats!

Maybe the squirrel is now your good luck charm!
 
Since you dug him up, I assume he is a ground squirrel. His evil eye follows you wherever you go! Cool find, and the T pin on the back of that brooch is an indicator of oldness...maybe CW era to early 1900's. Congrats. Sub 8-)
 
I love the squirrel ...... with biscuits and gravy that is . Na just kidding I think he looks cool and ya I do love them squirrels (yumm)
 
I love the squirrel ...... with biscuits and gravy that is . Na just kidding I think he looks cool and ya I do love them squirrels (yumm)

And Gator Delish Nice finds Love the dome button
 
Awesome hunt, I love the squirrel!
 
I read the title, and was skeptical...

Yes, that squirrel IS creepy.
And great finds along the way.
 
That rodent is unsettlingly creepy. Maybe it's cursed :D Just kidding, I think it's cute - in a creepy kinda way.
 
Yes , a weird , spooky , supernatural powered rat with a pretty tail :icon_scratch: kinda kool though ....................
 
so far nothing supernatural has happened, and it hasn't come to life, so looking like this squirrel is more bark than bite!
 
If the eyes start glowing Red, RUN!
 
Congrats on getting the sterling nut chewer, liking the button and copper as well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom