What's new

Ex Rolling Stone rocker produces his own brand of metal detector

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
1,150
Reaction score
172
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Ex-rocker Bill Wyman wants to help you accumulate something much more valuable with his own treasure-finding metal detector.

Wyman (I THINK he was with Rolling Stone) has opened his own web site for selling metal detectors. See: http://www.billwymandetector.com/

The original story is halfway down the page at: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18203707/

:happy3:
 
Well has anyone used one of Bill's detector. If you have what did you think about it....Matt
 
Looks more like a toy, if you have to retune maybe it's an old TR detector? Not for me.....
 
It is a TR machine and he co-conspired with C-Scope to build a machine that he put his name on. Go to http://www.C-scope.com and have a look.....NGE
 
I started a thread about this about a year and a half ago.
Being a full/part-time musician myself, who takes detecting seriously, I thought it was pretty cool.
There's also a few other musicians on here who detect also, that I know of.
Now, when my musician friends who think I'm crazy to go metal detecting try to bust my balls, I can tell them,
"Oh yeah, well f**king Bill Wyman, from the Rolling Stones like to Metal Detect! LOL! ;D

On a side note: I'm sure Bill Wyman is financially secure enough that he doesn't need to start a M.D. company for profit, so chances are that he's actually very enthusiastic about the hobby, and has good intentions.
 
I TOTALY AGREE, HE HAS MADE ENOUGH MONEY TO PERSUE HIS HOBBY, JUST LIKE SIGNATURE GUITARS, HE HAS HIS ON A METAL DETECTORS- WISH I DID------------LOL------------- :thumbsup:


MLHUDSON
 
From what I read of the story, it wasn't coins so much as a old world relics and artifacts that fascinated him - you know, the coolness of it all.
Rock on! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom