What's new

Excal 2 pt 2 beach pics/HELP please!

Buzzlitebeer

Full Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2012
Messages
240
Reaction score
155
Golden Thread
0
Location
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ok watched the weather all day! low was at 530 and I hit it and got 1.5 hours before the RAIN got me!

FINDS:

IMG_1193.webp
IMG_1195.webp

Not sure what the earring is yet! Found it on the backside of a huge bar! with that said I found some really deep targets with the new MD and I am truly amazed! Love the way it sings to you!

The beach had a TON of new sand!

IMG_1189.webp
IMG_1190.webp

I ran a "V" pattern after trying the back side of the new sand. Funny but I had the largest string of hits half way up the beach!

IMG_1191.webp

Any ideas? Different approach? What would you guys have done!

Thanks all
 
Upvote 0
Looks like silver to me.
Did you check by the post of the earring for a stamp?
 
Looks like you did fine, I start hitting targets I start gridding. But every beach is different.....Good Luck...
 
Here's a pic for you to consider. As new sand keeps coming in it will usually continue to build deeper and deeper as you continue to work towards the water's edge. This continually deeper progression will also be more saturated/softer so items will generally sink faster and deeper on the lower beach then those items lost on the upper beach. At high tide there will also be more water/agitation over this lower beach sand to further aid the sinking process.

beach dia.webp(Click to enlarge image)
 
So scoop if I follow you right during new sanding the targets are going to move deeper/quicker! So I am better of looking for the upper beach during low tide for shell lines and wash outs! Close?

Im just not confident enough yet to get in the water that will come I guess.
 
So scoop if I follow you right during new sanding the targets are going to move deeper/quicker! So I am better of looking for the upper beach during low tide for shell lines and wash outs! Close?

Im just not confident enough yet to get in the water that will come I guess.

An item can be lost anywhere at anytime, so you just never know where that next good item is going to be found. However, once the sand starts building, typically if you start on the upper beach and work a tight back and forth pattern from upper beach to lower beach you will gradually start to expose a general line along the beach where most of your targets are being found. Usually, on my area beaches, this line will generally represent coins and it will be a 20 - 40 foot wide band of beach just above the deeper/softer sand of the lower beach area. A lot of times, once I find that band I'll start paralleling the beach back and forth along that 20 to 40 wide foot band. It's just a good way to approach hunting a beach you don't know anything about, especially when the beach has no obvious features and that sand starts building up. Hope this helps.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom