Upvote 0

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Birdman,

Did my Excal coil today. Did the first coat as a light one, waited a couple of hours and did another coat. All the time I was doing it, I kept saying to myself....Man, I hope they weren't joking with me.....LOL ;D ;D

I did just the bottom, taping it like they said.

BTW, the guy at my Home Depot looked at me with a blank stare when I asked him where I could find the item. Finally, I had to tell him..."Look it up on your computer and see if your store carries it...and then find where it is located in the store....duh!" Gee, this was the clerk that works in that section, too!! Initally tried to tell me they were sold out, but when I asked him where it was located, that's when I knew he didn't have a clue whether they carried it or not. Wow...it was like I had to take him step by step and tell him how to do his job. >:( >:(

---Mel

borninok

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
mel...
make sure you do the sides of the coil also (inside and out). That will protect it from bumping any rocks in the surf, or my and overzealous swing ;D. just move the tape up a little higher.

steve

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Thanks, Steve, I debated about doing that, thinking along the same lines of my wild swinging.

Like I said, all the time that I was doing it today, I kept saying to myself....I sure hope this isn't going to be like one of those snipe hunts...and at the end the guys will laugh and say.."You did WHAT? You actually thought we were serious?"....lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'll do the inside/outside tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Mel

borninok

OP
OP
Birdman1

Birdman1

Jul 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's XLT and Surf Pro PI, Minelab Excal 1000
borninok,

Now that I know what to look for I will stop by the local HD and check before I drive to one that is farther away. Have to go by the local one to get to the other one so it won't even be out of the way. I also picked up a can of bright yellow paint the other day and I am going to paint the top of the coil so it will be easier to see in the water, but I want to get the bottom sealed first. As soon as my son gets home from work we are heading out to another beach so I will just tie the cover on for today. It is hard to take a day off from detecting to get my coil fixed but I know eventually I will have to it. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions