I have both, And use the Excalibur 99% of the time. Beach hunting is site dependent, my beach's are best hunted with the Excalibur. Yours could be different.
You need a good set of headphones for that Excalibur and the remote discrim toogle MB, a stock Excalibur is like swinging a Ace 250 compared....Hour for hour I found ten times more items with my PI. PI machine go deeper and are much more stable. you can pick up small gold chains with a PI in the surf. Try that with and Excalibur!!!!!!!!!!
I have both machines and a ctx3030. I use the excal 95% of the time and love it. I hate my ctx.
You need a good set of headphones for that Excalibur and the remote discrim toogle MB, a stock Excalibur is like swinging a Ace 250 compared....
You need a good set of headphones for that Excalibur and the remote discrim toogle MB, a stock Excalibur is like swinging a Ace 250 compared....
I have same setup as scoop and OBN, using wot on one excal and 12x15" sef butterfly on the other. In all metal I get depths 16-22"+ when hunting..
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Its kind of like never using a VLF machine before and all the conditions are right for the choice you made..... you think perfect why do you guys want a PI. Yet move from say NJ to Fl and pick up a VLF and you go.... wow was i missing something all this time. Not really it was just the right machine for location.That is very impressive. 22" ? What are you picking up at 22"?
I didn't have a ruler with me the other day when I pulled a 8.6 gram 14k man's diamond band out of the depths but I'm guessing it was down about 15 - 16" (very shallow water, could see what I was doing).........it started out as just a very faint threshold break. Recently I pulled a fat silver ring from the +20" range. Also hit a lot of coins around the 18" - 20" range when PP hunting.