Dec 23, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II umax
Fisher CZ20
Minelab Excalibur II 10" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm seriously considering getting one of these. I read the reviews though and there seem to be a lot of people having various problems with this unit.
I would like to here from you guys who are using the xcal without any bad issues ....
Look forward to hearing from you
Cheers
Colin

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rank the Excal 1000 as the top of the line for water detectors, but mine is the older Excal, not the II. I am under the impression that the new coil on the Excal II is more sensitive. Being so it can false more in the very shallow water when waves break over the coil when it is operated out of Auto. An sometimes in Auto when there is black sand present also in heavier amounts. Some places they have no trouble at all so these users praise them. The others are asking us for help. There are tricks that many still need to learn.

If you are not planning to get it wet, the Sov GT is a better detector and cheaper to boot. It is like a land version of the Excal only it also has more features.

Plus I've been told that the colors on the Excal II are a babe magnet. However cause I have the original it doesn't happen to me. :laughing7:

OP
OP
M

mrcolin2u

Dec 23, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II umax
Fisher CZ20
Minelab Excalibur II 10" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Sandman

Sandman,
i see you also own a CZ20. How do you rank the CZ20 against the Xcal for saltwater hunting?
Cheers
Colin

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would rate the Excal 1000 over the CZ20 or CZ21. It is almost as deep as a PI but ignores small iron like bobby pins unlike most PI's. The Excal takes more practice to learn an remember the tones unlike the CZ20 only having 3 tones. If there is one thing Minelab can do to improve the Excal it is to maybe give it a battery check. With the Excal you also don't have to worry about Ground Balance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread