What's new

Excaliburs being unable to hunt close to each other, is this normal?

bazinga

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2005
Messages
2,967
Reaction score
80
Golden Thread
0
Location
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always hunted water by myself. Recently my friend got an Excalibur as well and we went out together to do some detecting this weekend. We couldn't get within 30 or 40 feet of each other without both of our machines just becoming useless with constant tones coming out of them

So my question is, is this normal? Or is there some kind of way around this?
 
Upvote 0
Normal it it just interference between units!!!! can happen on different brands operating on the same frequency!!!
 
Yep that's interference for you. The units are getting feedback that is unexpected i.e. not at the same freq, phase, timings etc of the signal that it just transmitted into the soil. I am unsure of the distance of the interference but this will vary from unit to unit. Just shows how much power they actually put out :o HH, OD
 
This is normal now it seems. It isn't just between Excal's but a lot of different detectors can't get near each other, expecially the same brands.
 
In years past my hunting partner used a Fisher and I used my Excal, I never had any problem unless we were real close. On my last trip he used my Soveriegn and we couldn't get closer than 25-30 ft without interference. Now my friend uses a different water detector and he can't get within 15 ft of my Excal but I don't have any problems. I don't really understand it but that's how it works for me.
 
Had to stay like 40 feet apart when hunting near/with another excal.
 
Try getting close to an Excal with the Surf Dual PI.... Snooksion was driving me crazy a few weeks back whenever he would get close.... WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH... "TURN THAT THING OFF WILL YA"... LOL..
 
Ha, well I guess this is the norm then. Thanks guys. We are just so used to hunting within 5 feet of each other with our Explorers that we just sort of assumed we could do the same thing with the Excals.
 
I allways have to turn off the machine when I stop to talk to another Excal user.
One time I forgot to turn it back on againfor an hour...

Tek
 
Which excal are you using. i have hunted with 2 other buddies with the older units and we are within 20 to 25 feet of each other and i have never picked up interference with them. they also had the same excal as i did
lowtones83
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom