EXCELERATOR COIL USERS OPINIONS WANTED

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not heard much good talk about the coils. Most that bought them don't want to admit that they aren't the best or do any better than what is supplied by Minelab.

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
save your money,i have talked to a few people an was assured,that the original coil does a great job,you would just be spending money an not gaining depth

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
thanks fellows...that is enough for me to make up my mind.....i am well pleased with my ex2..it came with a 10.5 inch as its largest...i am trying to find a good, {GREAT!}, 18-24 inch coil that will work as i am usually looking for larger/deeper cache type targets instead of your basic relics/.coins.....while i have dug very small targets the minelab hit on at around 2 feet i was hoping to increase the depth a foot or two on big targets by using a larger coil...i have only seen two aftermarket types and now have heard bad reviews on both.......anyone out there know of something that will work ?....i am trying to keep from taking a awkward and clumsy pulse unit out except when i have to...they work great but on many sites overgrown and such a detector with a large coil would make life much easier on large targets in the 3-4 ft deep range...i have no use at all for a two box setup, having tried several and hitting on every mineral for 10 yards around no matter how you set them up...........thanks again......gldhntr

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
I bought an 18" excellerator for my DFX in '04 or '05. got a good deal on it through ebay... about 1/2 price. It definitely didn't perform as well as i hoped, on the beach or in the parks. the depth wasn't as advertised, pinpointing was literally HELL, and the added weight...

I ended up putting it back on ebay after about 2 months, got more than i paid for it originally (I had used gravediggermax's epoxy trick for the bottom of the coil", and bought a 14DD coil directly for whites. I'd pass on the excellerator. Go with a coil made by the factory for your machine
steve

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
gldhntr said:
i have only seen two aftermarket types and now have heard bad reviews on both.......anyone out there know of something that will work ?

I take it the 2nd one you mention is the coiltek 15inch 'WOT'?
I've only ever heard good things about the WOT. I'd love one for beach work!

Have fun,
Salvager

Silverfox

Oct 18, 2006
Iowa
Hi, I have the new Explorer SE and I bought the Coiltek "Joey" 5x8 DD coil, 4x7 DD Excelerator, 5 inch Excelerator and of course the 10.5 stock coil. I want to get the Coiltek 15 inch WOT next and then I will have all that I need for it.

If I had to keep two of these coils I would keep the 4x7 Excelerator and the stock coil. The 4x7 goes as deep as the stock coil. I found a silver dime 11" deep with it last month and it sounded like it was only a few inches deep.
Happy hunting, Abe

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
I have 5" EXcelerator coils for the Minelab Advantage and an M6. Also have the 4.5"x7" Excelerator for the M6 and feel they are very good coils. Never used a larger EXcelerator . HH Bill

drygulch

Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II
Howdy
I like the small excellerator on my Explorer but for the big coil I got the wot this is a great coil
DRYGULCH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread