What's new

Excellent Week

kestrelia

Hero Member
Joined
May 9, 2007
Messages
587
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
This week was excellent for me. I tried to explain this to my wife just as she was getting up, but she didn't appreciate it too much, so I'm writing here. :wink:

On Monday I got four boxes of pennies and found one Indian Head (1905), one steelie, and a new one for my album, 1918D.

Then on Wednesday I got three boxes of nickels and found one War Time and a Liberty Head (1912). (Statisticly I expected 1-2 Buffaloes and 3 War Times, but oh well.)

Last night my halves were so-so, but in almost two boxes of quarters I found two silvers and in 700 pennies I found another steelie!

I'm loading up on the dimes this weekend because I'm feeling hot. I love finding large amounts of silver like everyone else here, but in my opinion finding four coins in one week that are on the order of 1 in 100,000 coins is pretty sweet.

Best luck to all!

Brian
 

Attachments

  • 1905.webp
    1905.webp
    7 KB · Views: 294
  • liberty.webp
    liberty.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 295
Upvote 0
nice job.
An indian and a v nickel. Both of escaped me so far
 
That was a great rate of return on the quarters. I find them to be the hardest of all.

Happy hunting
 
Your on a roll Brian......great week!! As for the quarters, you don't hear many silver coming from boxes these days so I consider that mucho excellent!!! The nickel as well...and the IH for that matter....lol.

Keep riding that wave this weekend with the dimes....your liable to pull a Barber! Good luck.
 
If you expected 1-2 Buffaloes in those 3 boxes of nickels you get WAY more Buffs than I do. My average is about 1 in 14000 nickels for Buffs and ...1 in 102,000 for a V nickel. Although my last two boxes of nickels were pretty good, I got 7 Wars in the two boxes. My average on Wars is 1 in 1,977 right now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom